Firefox PHP

Warning from php >=7.2

Posted by wcpreston 
Warning from php >=7.2
March 14, 2022 12:43PM
After upgrading to PHP 7.2+, I am getting the error blow when I try to search, and I get no results:

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in ./include/forum_functions.php on line 71

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in ./include/forum_functions.php on line 71

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at ./include/forum_functions.php:71) in /home/pbuc/.cache/tpl-lightweight_blue-header-4078174761e651367bdf29ce021b700b.php-stage2 on line 4

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at ./include/forum_functions.php:71) in /home/pbuc/.cache/tpl-lightweight_blue-header-4078174761e651367bdf29ce021b700b.php-stage2 on line 6
Re: Warning from php >=7.2
March 14, 2022 05:30PM
I tried installing the patch that Sergei made, but no luck.
November 29, 2022 03:56PM
wcpreston
I tried installing the patch that Sergei made, but no luck.

Are you able to share that original zip file of his, because the link to it is now dead.
January 14, 2023 07:38AM
Hello from France!

I've been a happy user of Phorum for the last 20 years, and as a co-administrator of a phorum-powered forum, we are facing urgent requests from our Internet provider to use PHP versions more recent than 5.6

I'm totally PHP-illiterate, but changing some code lines to continue using Phorum looks like a reasonable way to go for the moment, as far as I am concerned, although I'am a bit reluctant to enter into Phorum code by fear of creating even more bugs!
Present Phorum features are perfect for our needs, we not not need any improvement in Phorum's features, we simply would like it to run under PHP >7.2, as requested by our Internet provider.

I am not a PHP developer, so I'm posting here as a simple user of Phorum, and I would like to know if there has been recent progresses in fixing Phorum software to allow it to run under PHP > 7.2

I have read this thread in the "Phorum Development" forum
Fixes for PHP 7/8 by Sergei K
https://www.phorum.org/phorum5/read.php?14,162601
The last message in this thread is dated Dec. 14, 2022

Scott Finegan as posted the list of suggested changes by Sergei K, here
https://www.phorum.org/phorum5/file.php/14/5276/PHP_7_8_compatibility_fixes_s2k0z.pdf

Having read this, I remain a little doubtful. and I'd like to know if anybody here has actually implemented the suggested changes, before attempting anything.

Thanks again to the developer team for the huge amount of work done so far, and thanks for any help fixing PHP > 7.2 issues.

Emmanuel Bigler

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2023 07:44AM by Emmanuel Bigler.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login