Firefox PHP

500 error on register.php

Posted by stargazer77 
500 error on register.php
August 15, 2020 06:56AM
I'm setting up a new Phorum board and am testing the functionality of creating a new user account. The system will not allow this to work. I'm getting the following error on submission of the registration form.

This page isn’t working www.#######.com is currently unable to handle this request. HTTP ERROR 500

When I go back into the admin area, I am seeing that the submission did go through. There is a new user in there showing as Pending user confirmation. But no confirmation e-mail was received at the e-mail address used for testing.

The site was on PHP 7.3. I tried changing it to PHP 7.0 to see if that would help the situation, but it did not. I am seeing the following in the site's error log:

[14-Aug-2020 22:19:24 America/Boise] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Crypt_AES has a deprecated constructor in /public_html/phorum/mods/spamhurdles/include/crypt/aes.php on line 110
[14-Aug-2020 22:19:24 America/Boise] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Crypt_Rijndael has a deprecated constructor in /public_html/phorum/mods/spamhurdles/include/crypt/rijndael.php on line 112
[14-Aug-2020 22:19:24 America/Boise] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; banner has a deprecated constructor in /public_html/phorum/mods/spamhurdles/captcha/class.banner.php on line 2
[14-Aug-2020 22:19:45 America/Boise] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Crypt_AES has a deprecated constructor in /public_html/phorum/mods/spamhurdles/include/crypt/aes.php on line 110
[14-Aug-2020 22:19:45 America/Boise] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Crypt_Rijndael has a deprecated constructor in /public_html/phorum/mods/spamhurdles/include/crypt/rijndael.php on line 112
[14-Aug-2020 22:20:40 America/Boise] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Crypt_AES has a deprecated constructor in /public_html/phorum/mods/spamhurdles/include/crypt/aes.php on line 110
[14-Aug-2020 22:20:40 America/Boise] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Crypt_Rijndael has a deprecated constructor in /public_html/phorum/mods/spamhurdles/include/crypt/rijndael.php on line 112
[14-Aug-2020 22:20:40 America/Boise] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; banner has a deprecated constructor in /public_html/phorum/mods/spamhurdles/captcha/class.banner.php on line 2
[14-Aug-2020 22:20:40 America/Boise] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function phorum_wordwrap() in /public_html/phorum/register.php:261
Stack trace:
#0 {main}
thrown in /public_html/phorum/register.php on line 261

Please advise on what I should try next. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.
Update
August 15, 2020 08:09AM
I fixed it after noticing the code reference on line 261 was comment code, not code that was executing. I deleted the whole comment code section and it is working now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login