Firefox PHP

Need assistance regarding two PHP error messages

Posted by mcfp_2013 
Need assistance regarding two PHP error messages
June 05, 2019 06:47PM
Here's the case: recently, I was checking through the forums section of my site to snag the chance on doing maintenance work so I can get that part back in action in due time. However, I have run into these two error messages (and apparently, those messages are also interfering with the loading of the rest of the skin design that I have implemented. The two error messages in question are the following:

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Crypt_AES has a deprecated constructor in /home/u1284891/public_html/mc-mmg-homebase.com/forum/mods/spamhurdles/include/crypt/aes.php on line 110

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Crypt_Rijndael has a deprecated constructor in /home/u1284891/public_html/mc-mmg-homebase.com/forum/mods/spamhurdles/include/crypt/rijndael.php on line 112

Has anyone else here run into this case and if so, can offer a possible solution so that I can get to the bottom of this A.S.A.P.? Let me know soon, and thanks in advance.
Re: Need assistance regarding two PHP error messages
June 05, 2019 09:37PM
That is an informative message that a future version of php will/may no longer support... xxx

In a production environment, it is best to suppress these messages. This may be done in the php.ini.
See below, display_errors = Off and log_errors = On

see this link [www.php.net]

Language: PHP
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ; Error handling and logging ; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;   ; error_reporting is a bit-field. Or each number up to get desired error ; reporting level ; E_ALL - All errors and warnings ; E_ERROR - fatal run-time errors ; E_WARNING - run-time warnings (non-fatal errors) ; E_PARSE - compile-time parse errors ; E_NOTICE - run-time notices (these are warnings which often result ; from a bug in your code, but it';s possible that it was ; intentional (e.g., using an uninitialized variable and ; relying on the fact it';s automatically initialized to an ; empty string) ; E_CORE_ERROR - fatal errors that occur during PHP';s initial startup ; E_CORE_WARNING - warnings (non-fatal errors) that occur during PHP';s ; initial startup ; E_COMPILE_ERROR - fatal compile-time errors ; E_COMPILE_WARNING - compile-time warnings (non-fatal errors) ; E_USER_ERROR - user-generated error message ; E_USER_WARNING - user-generated warning message ; E_USER_NOTICE - user-generated notice message ; ; Examples: ; ; - Show all errors, except for notices ; error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_DEPRECATED ; ; - Show only errors ; ;error_reporting = E_COMPILE_ERROR|E_ERROR|E_CORE_ERROR ; ; - Show all errors except for notices ; ;error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_DEPRECATED   ; Print out errors (as a part of the output). For production web sites, ; you';re strongly encouraged to turn this feature off, and use error logging ; instead (see below). Keeping display_errors enabled on a production web site ; may reveal security information to end users, such as file paths on your Web ; server, your database schema or other information. display_errors = Off   ; Even when display_errors is on, errors that occur during PHP';s startup ; sequence are not displayed. It';s strongly recommended to keep ; display_startup_errors off, except for when debugging. display_startup_errors = Off   ; Log errors into a log file (server-specific log, stderr, or error_log (below)) ; As stated above, you';re strongly advised to use error logging in place of ; error displaying on production web sites. log_errors = On   ; Set maximum length of log_errors. In error_log information about the source is ; added. The default is 1024 and 0 allows to not apply any maximum length at all. log_errors_max_len = 1024   ; Do not log repeated messages. Repeated errors must occur in same file on same ; line until ignore_repeated_source is set true. ignore_repeated_errors = Off   ; Ignore source of message when ignoring repeated messages. When this setting ; is On you will not log errors with repeated messages from different files or ; sourcelines. ignore_repeated_source = Off   ; If this parameter is set to Off, then memory leaks will not be shown (on ; stdout or in the log). This has only effect in a debug compile, and if ; error reporting includes E_WARNING in the allowed list report_memleaks = On   ; Store the last error/warning message in $php_errormsg (boolean). track_errors = Off   ; Disable the inclusion of HTML tags in error messages. ;html_errors = Off   ; If html_errors is set On PHP produces clickable error messages that direct ; to a page describing the error or function causing the error in detail. ; You can download a copy of the PHP manual from http://www.php.net/docs.php ; and change docref_root to the base URL of your local copy including the ; leading ';/';. You must also specify the file extension being used including ; the dot. ;docref_root = "/phpmanual/" ;docref_ext = .html   ; String to output before an error message. ;error_prepend_string = "<font color=ff0000>"   ; String to output after an error message. ;error_append_string = "</font>"   ; Log errors to specified file. error_log = error_log   ; Log errors to syslog (Event Log on NT, not valid in Windows 95). ;error_log = syslog

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2019 09:50PM by Scott Finegan.
June 06, 2019 10:16AM
I don't see the "php.ini" on my server host account backend; is it something that I would need to address to the server host administration for my site?

Also, on the forum software end, it looks like this is targeting the "spamhurdles" module that I have installed for my site's forum section; is anyone working on fixing this, by any chance?

Let me know soon; thanks much in advance.
June 06, 2019 03:05PM
If php.ini is not available... check Cpanel or Plesk under php, contact your Host.

As a last resort, suppress it in the script file before the line that causes the message.

I don't know if anyone is working on this issue. I was not aware of it until you brought it up.
June 07, 2019 05:45PM
How do I go about in terms of the "error/notice" suppression? I do see a lead in terms of where to target (as well as the PHP files in question, along with the specified lines).
June 08, 2019 01:20PM
Try the following line in your common.php about line 23

ini_set("display_errors", 0);

// ----------------------------------------------------------------------
// Initialize variables and constants and load required libraries

Clear the cache in the admin.
July 22, 2019 01:48PM
Thanks for the excellent software. :)

I have suppressed the error messages for now. Should this be fixed in a coming update?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login