Firefox PHP

Phorum Database Error for temporary search table

Posted by SeriousMoonlight 
Phorum Database Error for temporary search table
September 19, 2018 09:36PM
Hi,

Phorum works greatly offline (thank you for the great software!) but on a shared webspace I only receive an error message after submitting a search. I did not find anything on this message in the forum as well as at the backtraced lines of code (I know some PHP but no MySQL). Could the provider not allow to create temporary tables, or what is causing the problem?

The error message (user names etc. cut); the error appears to be persistent:

"Phorum Database Error

Sorry, a Phorum database error occurred.
Please try again later!

Error:
Access denied for user 'usr...'@'192....%' to database '63...' (1044): CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE _search_ft_af49e60... ( KEY (message_id) ) ENGINE=HEAP SELECT message_id FROM _search WHERE MATCH (search_text) AGAINST ('+test' IN BOOLEAN MODE)
Backtrace:
Function phorum_database_error called at
{path to Phorum}/include/db/mysql/mysqli.php:212
----
Function phorum_db_interact called at
{path to Phorum}/include/db/mysql.php:1778
----
Function phorum_db_search called at
{path to Phorum}/search.php:236
----"

Any help would be appreciated. I am building the forum of a small non-profit organization.
Re: Phorum Database Error for temporary search table
September 19, 2018 09:50PM
The error indicates you don't have permission to create a temp table (in whatever path is in the error message).
You may change in the phorum "admin" to use ./cache instead. If you still have an error then check permissions for the phorum/cache directory.
September 19, 2018 11:58PM
Thank you! I assumed the temp table to be in the MySQL database (as accessible via phpMyAdmin) and cannot see a path to the temp directory in the error message. Unfortunately, changing the cache directory to ./cache did not solve the issue. It is writable for its owner and group. Making it temporarily writable for the world also did not solve the problem. So it is not an issue of the FTP owner is not the webserver owner. I have recent files in the temp directory all the time. Only the search tables cannot to be created.
September 20, 2018 04:39AM
My error...
You are correct on the temp table being created by mysql, It won't be in the ./cache directory.
You may still have a permission problem in mysql.

What version of php
What version of mysql?
Operating system?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login