Firefox PHP

New to Phorum

Posted by barryalen1992 
New to Phorum
May 29, 2018 10:54AM
I just started to use Phorum recently and I realize this is a very good OS for my project. So I really want to discover more. Can I be introduced to any thread that have a completed guidance for Phorum for self-learning. I'd be appreciated.
Re: New to Phorum
May 29, 2018 04:47PM
Hi barryalen1992,

I'm a long-term user of Phorum (since 2000). And my forums are still online. But I have to say, I couldn't recommend Phorum for a new starting project...

Regards
Oliver

Using Phorum since 7/2000: forum.langzeittest.de (actual version 5.2.23)
Modules "Made in Germany" for version 5.2: Author_as_Sender, CarCost, Close_Topic, Conceal_Message_Timestamp,
Format_Email, Index_Structure, Mailing_List, Pervasive_Forum, Spritmonitor, Terms_of_Service and German_Language_Files_Package.
July 26, 2018 08:54PM
Can you say why?

I have posted an simple question about a feature and got no reaction so far ... so I am not impressed.
July 26, 2018 09:41PM
As this is open source, all support, development, etc., is dependent on volunteers. Currently there are not enough volunteers to answer your simple question.

I answer questions if I know the answer, or can reasonably get an answer, through testing. There are features I don't use, or haven't used, so have no knowledge about.
len
September 24, 2018 05:07AM
  • Phorum isn't an OS, it is a forum similar to phpBB.
  • The best thing to do is to install it on your website.
  • It will take a few months to get familiar with it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2018 05:08AM by len.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login