Firefox PHP

Thread moved by mistake to folder not forum

Posted by rodocop 
Thread moved by mistake to folder not forum
December 26, 2017 03:17PM
Hi all!

This is my first question here.

Today I was rearranging forum of K-Meleon browser and moved some threads to the wrong place - subfolder instead subforum.

Now that threads are unavailable but searchable (they are present in search results and have links which would be correct be it forum not folder - like [kmeleonbrowser.org]).

Is there any way get it back from that semi-unbeing through admin panel without direct access to forum database? We are using Phorum 5.2.13.

P.S. And isn't a possibility to make such a nonsense move - a bug of Phorum Admin? (I think folders shouldn't be available in the drop-down list of possible move destinations)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2017 12:38PM by rodocop.
Re: Thread moved by mistake to folder not forum
December 29, 2017 08:01PM
Not guaranteed.
You may be able to move it by creating the move URL manually.
Hover your mouse over the "Move_Topic" button and inspect the URL for an example.

Go to the admin "Forum and folder settings"
Locate the edit button for sub folder where the messages are located currently "hover the mouse". Get the forum#

Logged in as an admin, or someone with move permissions.

htt p:/ /kmeleonbrowser.o rg/forum/moderation.php?current message location,3,topic ID
December 30, 2017 06:58PM
Great trick, Scott!

A lot of thanks! Works like a charm! Like this kind of solutions!
December 30, 2017 07:33PM
Glad it worked.

In my opinion, it is not really a bug. More of an unintended consequence of a failure to follow the "virtual" forum\folder\ logic to the end during development. (To the admin with lost messages, it is a bug.)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login