Firefox PHP

Attachment Download Issue after PHP Upgrade

Posted by flmitchells 
Attachment Download Issue after PHP Upgrade
October 26, 2017 05:13PM
Hi,

I'm using Phorum 5.2.18 successfully for several years. However yesterday I upgraded PHP on the server from 5.2 to 5.6 in order to address an issue for another website. Phorum appears to work in every way after the upgrade except that my users and I can no longer download files attached to user posts. Attachment uploads are fine, but when attempting a download we get error:

"C:[path-redacted][file-redacted].pdf.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read. Try again later, or contact the server administrator."

This error is specifically from my Windows 10/Firefox 56.0.1 machine but I expect the message is similar across other platforms. I am unable to roll PHP back to 5.2, I did however roll back to 5.4 but still have the same problem. If it's useful to know the server is a shared linux hosting server with Godaddy.

Any help or advice appreciated!

Pen
Re: Attachment Download Issue after PHP Upgrade
October 26, 2017 08:17PM
Do you have read access to "redacted path"?
How do you know the test files are uploaded correctly?
Are you storing files on disk, or in the database?
Re: Attachment Download Issue after PHP Upgrade
October 30, 2017 07:19PM
Hi, Thanks for the response! I do have access to the file path, and the file attachments are stored in the database. I presume the test files are uploaded correctly because we're uploading them in the same way we always have, and I receive the same error when attempting to download both old files (that worked prior to the PHP update) and new test files.

Pen
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login