Firefox PHP

How to install phorum on godaddy hosting?

Posted by Bhavick 
How to install phorum on godaddy hosting?
October 01, 2017 08:58AM
Hi,

I have just purchased a new domain name and i wanted to know how i can install phorum on my godaddy hosting without creating a sub domain if possible?

Thanks,

Bhavick

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2017 12:12PM by Bhavick.
Re: How to install phorum on godaddy hosting?
October 01, 2017 01:31PM
GoDaddy has an account control panel, you need to find the link that takes you to the website controls.
There you create a mysql database and user name and password.
After that, you can use secure ftp to upload the files instead of the control panel, if you wish.

Read the phorum install.txt in the docs directory. It walks you through the process.

If there is something specific you don't understand, ask about that specifically, please.
October 01, 2017 03:07PM
Hi,

Thank you for your reply. The main thing i wanted to know was how i install phorum without creating a subdomain, can i not install directly to the domain name and if yes how can i do this please?

Thanks
October 01, 2017 07:57PM
Upload it to the directory you want to use, if it does not exist, create it.

GoDaddy won't let you navigate above the directory your domain name is attached to.
If you want visitors to arrive at your phorum using the " www. xyz. com domain name only without needing to select a different link after arriving on your website, there are two choices, a redirect to another directory, or upload phorum to the web root directory.
October 02, 2017 05:51AM
Hi,

Thank you for your reply Scott, Just to let you know I've managed to get phorum installed properly. I just wanted to ask I've installed version 5.2.23 and I've installed the quidditch theme. I've looked around the settings as i would like to upload my own that I've created but i can't see any setting in the admin panel that allows me to do this. Any help with this please?

Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login