Firefox PHP

How Can I Get Emails for All Posts

Posted by mike60 
How Can I Get Emails for All Posts
May 12, 2017 11:17AM
As the administrator, I would like to get an Email every time there is a new post. I have enabled the "Email Messages To Moderators" but it still is not sending me an Email.
Re: How Can I Get Emails for All Posts
May 12, 2017 02:51PM
There is also a setting in the admin for sending emails to the administrator

General Settings
Scroll to System Email Settings
"Ignore Admin for moderator-emails:" set to "No"

If it still doesn't work, there is a possibility that you are sending from an email account that doesn't really exist, or your server email is not set up correctly. Google, Yahoo and most of the large email services check that the sending server is a valid email source, and will reject all email from suspect sources to minimize spam.

go to mxtoolbox . c o m, enter your domain name click on "Find Problems"
May 12, 2017 08:45PM
If I sign in as a test user and post a new topic and click the "Follow Topic" and send Emails then that works. The test user gets Emails to replies to the post. The problem is as an administrator I'm not getting Email notification so I don't know when new topics are posted or replied to. If it is a google mail issue, how can I get the Email. I checked my spam box and it's not there either. Is it possible my host provider is filtering the outgoing Email from phorum in that situation? If so, I'm not understanding why it would filter that outgoing email but not outgoing emails from "follow topic."
May 13, 2017 01:14AM
My web host provider is telling me I'm not allowed to send Emails with them and I need to configure Phorum to use outgoing Email through my sendgrid account. So, I'm wondering how to tell Phorum to send a "noreply" through my sendgrid account.

Thanks,
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login