Firefox PHP

Delete Unapproved Users

Posted by mike60 
Delete Unapproved Users
May 11, 2017 02:19AM
Hello - I get a LOT of spam users. There are over 30,000 users. Is there a way to quickly delete all the unapproved users and clean the database?

Second question: is there some way to stop all the spam new user accounts. Phorum constantly tells me there are unapproved users and I don't have time everyday to go through hundreds of spam accounts and delete them all by checking checkboxes.

Thanks,
Re: Delete Unapproved Users
May 11, 2017 09:23AM
Hi Mike60,

mike60
Hello - I get a LOT of spam users. There are over 30,000 users. Is there a way to quickly delete all the unapproved users and clean the database?

Go to Phorum Administration, Edit Users, select corresponding "User status and status", optional change to "250 users per page", search, Check all, Delete selected users.

mike60
Second question: is there some way to stop all the spam new user accounts. Phorum constantly tells me there are unapproved users and I don't have time everyday to go through hundreds of spam accounts and delete them all by checking checkboxes.

Do you use the following modules?

- Spam Hurdles (core module)
- Stop Forum Spam Module

Especially the Stop Forum Spam Module is very useful.

Regards
Oliver

Using Phorum since 7/2000: forum.langzeittest.de (actual version 5.2.23)
Modules "Made in Germany" for version 5.2: Author_as_Sender, CarCost, Close_Topic, Conceal_Message_Timestamp,
Format_Email, Index_Structure, Mailing_List, Pervasive_Forum, Spritmonitor, Terms_of_Service and German_Language_Files_Package.
May 12, 2017 03:38AM
Where do I change it to 250 / page? Also, do I need to do anything to "pack" the table so that everything is cleaned out?

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2017 03:39AM by mike60.
May 12, 2017 06:26AM
Got it - I had to install the latest version. Thanks again for your help.
May 12, 2017 06:28AM
I just realized I have over 27,000 users to delete. This is still over 100 pages. Once I complete this I'm going to have to look into that spam filter....what a mess....
May 12, 2017 09:07AM
Hi Mike,

in that case you can also delete the corresponding users directly in the database (carefully!).

Regards
Oliver

Using Phorum since 7/2000: forum.langzeittest.de (actual version 5.2.23)
Modules "Made in Germany" for version 5.2: Author_as_Sender, CarCost, Close_Topic, Conceal_Message_Timestamp,
Format_Email, Index_Structure, Mailing_List, Pervasive_Forum, Spritmonitor, Terms_of_Service and German_Language_Files_Package.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login