Firefox PHP

no suitable CSPRNG installed in random.php error

Posted by tomzap 
no suitable CSPRNG installed in random.php error
February 20, 2017 07:21AM
I just updated my forum from 5.2.19 to 5.2.23. Now in the body of a new message the error message copied
below appears. I don't know what this means.

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'There is no suitable CSPRNG installed on your system' in /home/tomzap/public_html/ph5/include/random_compat-2.0.2/lib/random.php:185 Stack trace: #0 /home/tomzap/public_html/ph5/include/random_compat-2.0.2/lib/random_int.php(153): random_bytes(1) #1 /home/tomzap/public_html/ph5/mods/spamhurdles/api.php(552): random_int(0, 61) #2 /home/tomzap/public_html/ph5/mods/spamhurdles/hurdles/block_replay.php(21): spamhurdles_generate_key() #3 /home/tomzap/public_html/ph5/mods/spamhurdles/api.php(534): spamhurdle_block_replay_init(Array) #4 /home/tomzap/public_html/ph5/mods/spamhurdles/api.php(164): spamhurdles_hurdle_call('init', Array, Array) #5 /home/tomzap/public_html/ph5/mods/spamhurdles/spamhurdles.php(116): spamhurdles_api_init('posting', Array) #6 [internal function]: phorum_mod_spamhurdles_tpl_editor_before_textarea() #7 /home/tomzap/public_html/ph5/common.php(1909): call_user_func('phorum_mod_spam...') #8 /tmp/tpl-barra-posting-a356b6eb40767021dff0f3e99c4d79c3.php-s in /home/tomzap/public_html/ph5/include/random_compat-2.0.2/lib/random.php on line 185
Re: no suitable CSPRNG installed in random.php error
February 21, 2017 04:31PM
See this message and topic.
[www.phorum.org]
February 22, 2017 08:22PM
I got this message after trying to post a new subject.
I have no idea what it means. Is there a simple way
to correct this so I can start a post?
If not simple, I guess I won´t be able to use Tom Zap.
Thanks.
February 23, 2017 05:03AM
Thank you for your reply, Scott. I did read the thread that you reference before I posted but I don't really understand it. I checked my database and there is a spamhurdles table and it is populated. I am referring your link to my webhosting company to see if they can use that information. My forum was working fine until my webhost company updated the SSL certificate and their software by moving my web site to another server where they had new software and SSL certificate installed. This resulted in images not being able to be viewed or downloaded from forum messages because they seem to be getting corrupted when uploaded. So I updated phorum from 5.2.19 to 5.2.23 to satisfy the typical support question, "Is your software current?" This introduced the additional problem referenced in my initial post here. So I am trying to sort out a problem that I didn't create and have limited understanding of.
February 23, 2017 06:32AM
I looked at tomzap as of tonight, and the forum photos I sampled showed.in the browser, or downloaded and viewed. I assume this issue is fixed, unless the problems are in a hidden forum.

Re: CSPRNG (Cryptographically secure pseudorandom number generator)
The short version is: php has various extensions available with the source in Linux , and binaries in Windows, or downloadable as add on extensions ( like the modules in phorum). Some are included by default, with a subset enabled by default. If a php extension is enabled it must be in a directory php will search for extensions in.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login