Firefox PHP

Setting future date?

Posted by Brummie 
Setting future date?
September 08, 2016 07:45AM
I have a forum called events and I'd like mods to be able to set the date of their post to the date of the event and sticky it so that events will be sticky in the event forum. Is there currently a way to do this?
Re: Setting future date?
September 09, 2016 09:45AM
Hi Brummie,

when you start a new thread you can make it sticky (see "Special: Make sticky" in the post form).

I don't see the need to manipulate the date. Each answer will change the "last date" value on the list page. Posts are not sorted by date.

I think you should include the date in the subject.

Did you see the Google Calender Module?

Regards
Oliver

Using Phorum since 7/2000: forum.langzeittest.de (actual version 5.2.23)
Modules "Made in Germany" for version 5.2: Author_as_Sender, CarCost, Close_Topic, Conceal_Message_Timestamp,
Format_Email, Index_Structure, Mailing_List, Pervasive_Forum, Spritmonitor, Terms_of_Service and German_Language_Files_Package.
September 10, 2016 11:47AM
The Google Calendar mod is over-complicated for what I need although what I want to do is probably more complicated to set up, the end result will be simple. The thinking is that in the event forum by stickying an event (a post) they order by the date of the original post rather than the last post. These would then be listed as:

[Event] Community Meeting - 10 October 2016
[Event] Neighbourhood Watch Meeting - 15 October 2016
Anybody fancy a BBQ?
We're thinking of having a car wash...

This allows people to reply, say they're coming, discuss events etc. I might be able to sort the event order if stickied etc, but I'm not sure how to go about setting the date.
September 12, 2016 03:02AM
Hi Brummie,

I think you need a new module. But instead of setting the posting date to the future I think it's better to add an additional date field to these kind of posts.

Regards
Oliver

Modules "Made in Germany" for version 5.2: Author_as_Sender, CarCost, Close_Topic, Conceal_Message_Timestamp,
Format_Email, Index_Structure, Mailing_List, Pervasive_Forum, Spritmonitor, Terms_of_Service and German_Language_Files_Package.
September 12, 2016 09:04AM
Can you add additional fields to posts?
September 13, 2016 02:55AM
Hi Brummie,

Brummie
Can you add additional fields to posts?

Yes, via the serialized data in the meta column.

Regards
Oliver

September 13, 2016 08:36AM
Where would I go about looking for that? posting.php? format_functions.php? Cheers
September 14, 2016 02:39AM
Hi Brummie,

the meta column is fully handled by the core. If you have anywhere a message array you will find also the meta information as an subarray.

Normal use is inside a module. Module functions are called by hooks. A lot of hooks offer the needed message(s). See inline documentation for hook descriptions and examples.

Regards
Oliver

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login