Firefox PHP

Link to site home page

Posted by HelenWilson 
Link to site home page
September 24, 2015 06:03PM
My forum is part of a larger site, and the link in the upper left hand corner needs to go to the site's home page, not to the forum page. I don't see anywhere in the admin settings to put a link to the home page of the overall site. Am I missing something, or is this really not possible?
Re: Link to site home page
September 25, 2015 03:34PM
September 25, 2015 05:21PM
Thanks, will check it out. I fixed the template problem. Had to change a couple of things in settings.tpl.
September 25, 2015 06:08PM
I installed the breadcrumbs mod, and it's working, but that isn't what I wanted to do. I need the link in the top banner to refer to the home page. The logo that says "Phorum" (if you don't replace it with something else). I've looked through the mods in the add-ons section of the forum and don't see one to accomplish that.
September 26, 2015 05:03PM
just edit the header.tpl

Thomas Seifert
September 27, 2015 11:18AM
That did it. I had looked through the header.tpl before but didn't see where to edit it. Where is the URL->BASE variable stored though? Seems as though it should be accessible to specify it without having to hard-code the header file.
September 27, 2015 12:06PM
thats the base url of the full phorum, you set it in the admin. you can't change it to your homepage as it will break other functionality then.

Thomas Seifert
September 28, 2015 10:46AM
Yep, already tried changing it in the admin, and the result was not pleasant, lol. Okay, it's working, and I'm not going to quibble about how.
September 29, 2015 03:39AM
Hi Helen,

HelenWilson
I need the link in the top banner to refer to the home page.

Like Thomas already recommended: change it directly in the header.tpl file. Replace "{URL->BASE}" with your desired URL or perhaps just a "/"...

Regards
Oliver

Using Phorum since 7/2000: forum.langzeittest.de (actual version 5.2.23)
Modules "Made in Germany" for version 5.2: Author_as_Sender, CarCost, Close_Topic, Conceal_Message_Timestamp,
Format_Email, Index_Structure, Mailing_List, Pervasive_Forum, Spritmonitor, Terms_of_Service and German_Language_Files_Package.
October 02, 2015 10:22AM
Yes, thanks, that's what I did. Working as I wanted now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login