Firefox PHP

Puzzled over Announcements & Links

Posted by Daniel - Ireggae 
Puzzled over Announcements & Links
April 22, 2010 10:31AM
Thanks to the development team I was able to get this up and running on my site, but now I've got two issues:

1. Is there any way to set the phorum so that links placed within messages open as a new window?

2. There is only one phorum on my site, and I like it because, that way, typing snwmf.com/phorum takes you right to the list. But now, I want to set up announcements to appear at the top of the phorum. I followed the instructions (create separate announcement-forum, adjust module settings, etc.), but no matter what I try the URL to the directory always takes me to index.php (which displays both the announcement forum and the main forum). Is there a way to include an announcement in the one forum without snwmf.com/phorum taking you to the index.php page....?

BTW, I resisted upgrading for many years but DO like the 21st century version now running.
Re: Puzzled over Announcements & Links
April 22, 2010 10:47AM

1. Is there any way to set the phorum so that links placed within messages open as a new window?

In BBCode modules settings page
1st entry:
Open links in new window
Check the box to enable this behaviour.
April 22, 2010 11:11AM
The announcements behavior that you seek isn't really possible within Phorum. The moment that there are two forums, the forums will let you open the index page, because there's more than one forum.

Maybe you could change things by redirecting to the list page, but that still would give you a new link that points to the forum list (index). That link is not visible when there is just one forum.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
April 22, 2010 11:33AM
Setting the announcement forum to "Visible: No" could help but lead to inconsistencies (you still have a forum list link and from the announcement forum itself you won't get far as that forum has no forum list link then).

Thomas Seifert
April 22, 2010 12:08PM
Thanks David. Making links open in a new window was really easy.

Tom, I currently HAVE the announcement forum set to "Visible: NO". The good news is that snwmf.com/phorum DOES take you directly to list.php. The bad news is that the announcements can't been seen in the forum.....
April 22, 2010 12:14PM
well, works for me.

Thomas Seifert
Your IP address, domain or ISP has been blocked. Please contact the forum administrators.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login