Firefox PHP

help required in setting up the Phorummail module

Posted by sandhyar01 
help required in setting up the Phorummail module
March 09, 2010 06:40AM
Can you anyone help me configuring the Phorummail module
Re: help required in setting up the Phorummail module
March 09, 2010 07:19AM
  • Please do not post support questions directly in the modules forum. Use either the thread of the module that you have questions about or the support forum. The rules are clear on this. Feel free to follow them.
  • Unless you do some work on your own and come with to the point questions, I doubt that this cry for help is going to get you any results.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
March 09, 2010 08:15AM
I had configured the settings of imap on the Phorummail ..

But it is not working ..

I have given the my imap username nad password..

when i reply it doesnot work
March 09, 2010 08:52AM
sandhyar01
I had configured the settings of imap on the Phorummail ..

But it is not working ..

And that means what?
What is happening and what should happen?

I have given the my imap username nad password..

when i reply it doesnot work

Cool, at least one more information - seems like you are using "External Phorummail".
Same questions as above though. What is happening and what should happen?
Is your "reply" delivered to that mailaddress at all? Did you check that?

Thomas Seifert
March 09, 2010 08:54AM
And what kind of reply are we talking about here? A reply from within Phorum through the web interface or a reply via your mail program?

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
March 09, 2010 10:02PM
Reply via email ..I have updated the imap server and username and password as per required in the module settings
March 10, 2010 12:17AM
cd /home/your/phorum/directory && /usr/bin/php ./script.php --scheduled

i am runing the file like this
Step 1
1) cd /var/www/html/forum/
Step 2
/usr/bin/php ./script.php -m ./mods/ext_phorummail/ext_phorummail.php --scheduled

Can you tell me the file i am runing is correct

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2010 02:54AM by sandhyar01.
March 10, 2010 03:46AM
I think you need "-m ext_phorummail" and not the full path to the module php file.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
March 10, 2010 04:41AM
Actually, the External Phorummail only uses the scheduled hook, not the external hook, thus you don't need the "-m . . . " argument at all, only the "--scheduled"

Please also confirm that your hosts php location is actually /usr/bin/ and that the php located there is PHP 5. On my Dreamhost site I actually needed this cronjob:
* * * * * cd mysite.com/phorum && /usr/local/php5/bin/php ./script.php --scheduled

Also, you may want to find a way to read any output from the cronjob, which is important if it is not running properly. One method would be to add this line to the top of your crontab which will email any script output:
MAILTO="youremail@yoursite.com"

Joe Curia (aka Azumandias)
Modules: l0Admin Mass Email00000000l000000Automatic Time Zones000ll.l00000Enhanced Custom Profiles0.00Google Calendar0000l.l000000Post Previews
000000000Admin Security Suite000000000000Check Modules for Upgrades0000External Authentication000000Group Auto-Email00000.00000Private Message Alerts
000000000Attachment Download Counter0000Custom Attachment Icons000ll.ll00Favorite Forums000000.00000Highlighted Search Terms0000Self-Delete Posts Option
000000000Attachment Watermarks0l00000000Custom Language Database00l.l.0Forum Lockdown00000.00000Ignore Forums0000000000000Threaded Tree View
000000000Automatic Message Pruning00.llll.00Easy Color Scheme Manager0l.l00Forum Subscriptions0000lll000Moderated User Group
Templates:lGeneric Integration000000000 0000Simple Rounded000000 00000000Tabbed Emerald
April 21, 2010 11:08PM
Hi,
I have installed the mod and I set it up with an email account,
Everything went smooth on the install but I am very new to the cron job idea, I have my site hosted at godaddy and for the cron manager it says you can type it in or hit browse, I hit browse and I went to (temp domain) cdnimports.info/Phorum/mods/ext_phorummail/ext_phorummail.php And I set it for every 5 minutes, The script in godaddy looks like this:
/web/cgi-bin/php5 "$HOME/html/cdnimports/Phorum/mods/ext_phorummail/ext_phorummail.php"

No emails have been imported to the category, I am very new to the whole cron job so please in the easiest terms possible could you explain how to set up my cron. I am trying to have the setup that yahoo groups does.
Thanks a lot!

update:
cd /home/kalos/www/mods/ext_phorummail && /usr/bin/php ./ext_phorummail.php --scheduled > /dev/null is what I have in my cron i tried both pop3 and imap both no luck, the forum does not update

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2010 01:03AM by brandon295.
April 22, 2010 02:23AM
Please see Joes reply again. You don't call the ext_phorummail.php file in the cron, just the script.php (yeah, thats a real name!).
Something like the following from your last lines ...
cd /home/kalos/www/ && /usr/bin/php ./script.php --scheduled

But I don't know if you have a /usr/bin/php from godaddy available - thats something you need to fix with their support.

Thomas Seifert
April 22, 2010 07:37AM
Hi
Yeah i set up a quick hostgator account and the script you just told me worked!, except it says cannot connect to my email server and I the right password etc.
here is a copy of the error:
X-Powered-By: PHP/5.2.13
Set-Cookie: phorum_session_st=deleted; expires=Wed, 22-Apr-2009 11:24:00 GMT; path=/
Set-Cookie: phorum_session_v5=deleted; expires=Wed, 22-Apr-2009 11:24:00 GMT; path=/
Content-type: text/html

<br />
<b>Fatal error</b>: Uncaught exception 'ezcMailTransportException' with message 'An error occured while sending or receiving mail. Failed to connect to the server: pop.broadband.rogers.com:143.' in /home/kalos/public_html/mods/ext_phorummail/ezc/Mail/src/transports/transport_connection.php:97
Stack trace:
#0 /home/kalos/public_html/mods/ext_phorummail/ezc/Mail/src/transports/imap/imap_transport.php(377): ezcMailTransportConnection-&gt;__construct('pop.broadband.r...', 143, Object(ezcMailImapTransportOptions))
#1 /home/kalos/public_html/mods/ext_phorummail/ext_phorummail.php(90): ezcMailImapTransport-&gt;__construct('pop.broadband.r...', NULL, Object(ezcMailImapTransportOptions))
#2 /home/kalos/public_html/common.php(1724): phorum_ext_phorummail_scheduled()
#3 /home/kalos/public_html/script.php(248): phorum_hook('phorum_ext_phor...')
#4 {main}
thrown in <b>/home/kalos/public_html/mods/ext_phorummail/ezc/Mail/src/transports/transport_connection.php</b> on line <b>97</b><br />

My fault? or is there a server setting that needs toying with, Thanks again for all the support,

Edit

Got it working!,
Now for some reasons mailing list is not sending me the email, but it sends it when i post manually
is this normal?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2010 07:47AM by brandon295.
April 22, 2010 08:07AM
Well the original error message simply tells, that there was no connection possible to the given host on the given port.

brandon295
Got it working!,
Now for some reasons mailing list is not sending me the email, but it sends it when i post manually
is this normal?

Dunno what you are saying with that. Mailing list is supposed to send to a maillist but not for messages received from a mailing list as that would bring you an endless loop.

Thomas Seifert
April 22, 2010 09:39AM
Okay,
I have it set up like this
Someone post on my forum it sends that post out in an email to my mailing list this comes from email1 and goes to all emails. This currently works it sends an email when someone post something new on the board.
Then the user hits reply and sends there response back to email1
email1 is being monitored by this module and it post those onto the board (works) But mailinglist module does not send an email saying someone posted something but yet it shows up on the board when it comes from this module.
i am trying to set up forum and mailinglist integration
April 22, 2010 09:41AM
a user which hits reply should sent to the mailinglist email address which also sends mail to the forum, and not directly to the forum (email1 as it seems).
thats how a mailinglist works.

Thomas Seifert

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2010 09:42AM by Thomas Seifert.
April 22, 2010 09:52AM
Hi,
Yes that part is fine, this is what happens:
Ex 1
Post on my forum, 5 seconds later my mailing list receives that post. Works as planned

Ex 2
Send an email to email1 (being monitored by this mod). The post goes on the board but the mailing list does not get notified that someone should posted something like they do in ex1

I am trying to achieve a forum in which users can reply to topics via email (for people at work and mobile users) For them to do this they also need to be sent the post, Am i going about this the right way with this mod?
April 22, 2010 09:54AM
Again, no one should send an email directly to email1.
Thats only an address where the mailinglist software sends to.
If someone replies to that previous email he should reply to the mailinglist, so that all other members receive the mail message too. *Additionally* the reply is imported to the forum.

Thomas Seifert
April 22, 2010 10:01AM
alright,

Is there anyways to modify it so they can reply straight to the email1 than that post goes to the forum board (then gets sent out to the mailing list(this is where it gets stuck because it does not send to mailing list when there imported from email)) then say that user2 gets the message (via email) that user1 sent to email1 than user2 hits reply and it gets sent to email1 which is posted in the topic and people than have the chance to reply via web interface or forum?

Should this be posted in the mod request section?

It seems that every forum is missing this except yahoogroup has this down perfectly
April 22, 2010 10:03AM
Why aren't you getting that you are doing it wrong?
Use a maillist how its intended to be used.

Thomas Seifert
April 22, 2010 10:19AM
So like this then:

Messages come from Email2 that were posted on the forum get sent to a bunch of emails using the mailing list module, lets call this list EmailList
Then user1 who received this post wants to send it via email so he sends it to the mailing list .. (meaning he has to copy all the emails into the send to: bar and not hit reply) Part of this EmailList is email1 so it gets picked up and posted to the forum

Is this how it is supposed to be used?
I just figured it would make more sense to the way to do Yahoo does it or is it hat how they do it?
April 22, 2010 11:35AM
No, a mailinglist has *one* address where you send messages to and it automatically resends the message to all subscribers of the mailing list.
The mailing list module is supposed to be used with such a mailinglist software, not sending directly to a lot of users.

Thomas Seifert
April 22, 2010 08:19PM
Is it normal that every email shows up as a different thread?
April 23, 2010 02:44AM
No.
In-Reply-To header and subject are used for comparing against existing messages.

Thomas Seifert
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login