Firefox PHP

1 db, 5 sites on subdomains, restrict what forums are viewed

Posted by artisites 
1 db, 5 sites on subdomains, restrict what forums are viewed
December 19, 2008 08:11PM
hey guys, here's my situation...

im using phorum as my content management system. i've adapted all my news areas and blog areas to use custom templates with group access for the webmasters to post. im now expanding so it's gonna be used in 5 countries.

im gonna have 5 installs of phorum on 5 subdomains (eg uk.domain.com, fr.domain.com, jp.domain.com) but all reading off the one database. (each will have it's own webmaster, but we need to retain complete control over all areas).

im hardcoding each site which is fine, i can place the required links for each language where i need them.

what im wondering is on the forum indexes, is there a way to only have certain forums / folders listed? (eg if each subdomain has 5 forums, then the master db has 25 forums). will i have to create a custom index page for each of these subdomains?

is there a way on each subdomain to only have certain forums listed?

many thanks for your time :)
Re: 1 db, 5 sites on subdomains, restrict what forums are viewed
December 21, 2008 06:37PM
What is it that you need exactly? Do you have forums that are shared between all language forums? If not, then you might want to take a look at creating vroot folders to handle the different forums and installing the virtual hosting module to link these vroot folders to different host names.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login