Firefox PHP

Trouuble with Modules

Posted by marcelarr 
Trouuble with Modules
February 05, 2008 03:33PM
So... I finally got this thing working... kinda... I uploaded some mods following the instructions but I get
Warning: possible module "xxx" found, but no module information is available for that module.

What to do?
Re: Trouuble with Modules
February 05, 2008 03:36PM
I don't think there is an actual "xxx" in there.
Please, tell us the real error message.
Did you unpack the zip in the modules directory?

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
February 05, 2008 03:56PM
Yes.... I unzipped them... what appears in the phorum admin/globalsettings/modules is

Warning: possible module "easy_colorscheme_v1_03" found, but no module information is available for that module.
Warning: possible module "registration_notification" found, but no module information is available for that module.
Warning: possible module "user_avatar.tar.bz2" found, but no module information is available for that module.
Warning: possible module "topic_poll-1.0.9" found, but no module information is available for that module.
February 05, 2008 04:15PM
Did you actually unzip or did you simply "remove .zip" from the filenames? It looks like that last one, especially since you did not unpack the tar.bz2 file. The contents of the module zipfiles do never carry a version number. "easy_colorscheme_v1_03.zip" would unpack a directory named "easy_colorscheme". You'd upload that full directory and its contents.

Also, you seem to be downloading modules for Phorum 5.1. Please download modules for Phorum 5.2. There were some changes between Phorum 5.1 and 5.2, which make some of the modules incompatible. Also, some modules were rewritten to make full use of the new 5.2 features, like User Avatar. On our downloads page, you can find links to the right module list and module forum.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
February 05, 2008 04:19PM
I figured it out... I was placing the wrong folder in the FTP... my bad... sorry!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login