Firefox PHP

Web page FAVICONs

Posted by Brad 
Brad
Web page FAVICONs
January 23, 2003 12:38PM

I have created a favicon with the Phorum Logo.
You can get it from my website:
[b2d.com]

Here is the Microsoft info on favicons:

How to Add a Shortcut Icon to a Web Page

Shortcut icons in Microsoft® Internet Explorer are a new feature that you can use to display your logo or some other small graphic on the Favorites menu and Address bar. They have no special Web server requirements and are a great way to add brand recognition without requiring the user to download a custom version of Internet Explorer.

Associate the Icon with Your Web Page

After creating the icon, you must associate it with your Web page. One way is to save the icon with the default file name of favicon.ico in the root directory of your domain—for example, www.microsoft.com/favicon.ico. Each time your Web page is added to a user's favorites, Internet Explorer automatically searches for this file and places the icon next to all the favorites and quick links originating from your site.
You can also associate the icon with your Web page by saving the icon with a file name other than favicon.ico and adding a line of HTML code in the head section of your Web document. The line of code includes a link tag that specifies the location and name of the file. You can include this link tag on a per-page basis.

<HEAD>
<LINK REL="SHORTCUT ICON" HREF="[www.mydomain.com];
<TITLE>My Title</TITLE>
</HEAD>

Brad Banks
North Carolina, USA
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.