Firefox PHP

Phorum and Mambo

Posted by Brian Moon 
Re: Phorum and Mambo
January 30, 2006 05:08PM
I'm no Mambo user myself and I have to finally come up with a website running Phorum 5. I feel a bit ashamed that I'm still running Phorum 3.4.8 on my own website ;-) Once my own site is finished and there are no Phorum tasks around anymore, I'm happy to collaborate on this. Till then it's just a matter of those damned days only having 24 hours! But like I said: I think a large part of my work will be usable for other systems as well and I'm happy to help where I can.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
January 30, 2006 05:26PM
I will be happy to see what you come up with and perhaps I can make use of it.

Please keep me posted on your development effort regarding this.

Thanks

[opensourceCMS.com]
[ongetc.com]
Chanh Ong
January 30, 2006 07:04PM

For disabling some functions, you might be better off modifying one of the rewrite modules to point to the master program URLs, rather than trying to disable phorum programs
If you look at the control panel for example, things get more complicated. I want to pull all user settings out of the template and let them be fed by the master. So my control panel will not have Profile settings. But I do want the control.php script to handle things like file uploads and followed discussions. So you see that I'll have to do more than doing only rewrites. I'll have to do different things for some pages in different situations.

(template changes also disable the functions - at least for people who don't type in their own URLs).
Always asume the worst ;-)

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login