Firefox PHP

Howto: Integrate Phorum and Wordpress

Posted by gloeglm 
Re: Howto: Integrate Phorum and Wordpress
January 16, 2006 05:04AM
People that register with Phorum auto register with Wordpress and if they want can start blogging?

Sergej

------------------------------------------
^AU^ Assassins United
[www.assassinsunited.com]
January 16, 2006 05:33AM
Basically yes - people that register with Wordpress get autoregistered with Phorum - they can start blogging/posting depending on your Phorum/Wordpress access control.
January 16, 2006 05:36AM
Cool, thnx, I will most likely then implement it. I need to check with Wordpress options to see if it allos what I want.

Sergej

^AU^ Assassins United
[www.assassinsunited.com]
January 29, 2006 07:51PM
Ok, the problem that I can see from this approach is, how about the control panel for user on pohrum? I mean after we syncronize the user, whatever that was done on wordpress can be easily syncrhonized to phorum, but how about the user use the user control panel on phorum? It needs to syncronize with wordpress as well, isn't it?

Btw, I'm looking for a solution to integrate this with MODx CMS.

ANy help will be awesome. Is there any better way to achieve this, other than duplicating the users information between two system? I wouldn't mind though, but if there is a better way, it will b much better.

Thanks
January 29, 2006 10:03PM
wendy
Ok, the problem that I can see from this approach is, how about the control panel for user on pohrum? I mean after we syncronize the user, whatever that was done on wordpress can be easily syncrhonized to phorum, but how about the user use the user control panel on phorum? It needs to syncronize with wordpress as well, isn't it?

Well, I believe the Phorum control panel should be changed by those installing it this way to not allow you to change things that exist in both places. Of course, that does not make it as much of a drop in and go solution, but like I have said in other threads, the problem people have now is that the drop in solutions are no as robust as they would like.

Brian - Cowboy Ninja Coder - Personal Blog - Twitter
January 30, 2006 10:34AM
Well, I completely disabled the phorum control panel for my users here, so I took no look into this.
January 30, 2006 09:53PM
Thanks Bryan.

Could you guide me to the right direction? Is it as simple as disabling the link from the template or do you have a better option to do it right on the core? I mean by disabling only certain fields, for example id, username, and password.

Which file should I look into? I might need to work on the template too though, ever since after integrating the phorum inside MODx, right now I have an html tag inside html tag, lol :D
March 03, 2006 05:53PM
I have done this at [www.the-legion-of-doom.com] with partial success.

I have the WP plugin installed, and it clearly is doing its job as new users are simultaneously created in the Phorum.

The Phorum module is also installed and active, but it doesn't appear to be working. Users logged in to the main (WP) site are not automatically logged in to the forum...

I'm pretty clever but don't have loads of experience with php functions and db stuff. I could really use some help here... please...
March 04, 2006 03:52AM
As I said, check out if the phorum plugin works correctly - insert some "echo" statements there, and check if the right data gets inserted into the $GLOBAl
March 04, 2006 06:00PM
Did it. Problem found--and solved.

Thanks!

I can now offer [www.the-legion-of-doom.com] as another working example of this integration, for anyone interested.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login