Firefox PHP

embedding phorum in current design

Posted by sferguson203 
embedding phorum in current design
June 05, 2014 05:14PM
Firstly, i must apologise i have looked through the forum and found some information regarding embed_phorum, however all information i fear may be out of date and the previously mentioned module isnt available for the latest phorum from what i gather.

I have a website currently under construction, its file tree looks similar to this:
index.php
css/
   >deafult.css
blocks/
   >main.php
   >about.php
   >wiki.php
   >forum.php
img/
forum/

index.php uses and array to pull in the requested page from the blocks directory and show the contents in a <div> (class="content" if it makes any difference.) I have four main divs, header, nav, content and footer. What i would really like to acheive is when the user selects the forum hyperlink on index.php for my entire phorum to be pulled into the <div class="content"> section preserving the rest of my site design.

phorum is currently installed to /forum , forum.php in the blocks directory currently just has a simple html statement saying "This is the forum page" at the moment, but i presume that I will need to use this to pull in some hacked php to enable my entire phorum to pull through as i would like.

The problem is im not a coder by any stretch of the imagination, Im not asking someone to directly solve this issue for me and hand it to me, but if someone could possibly take the time to perhaps hold my hand a little and guide me in the right direction i will gladly do my best to understand what i need to do to incorporate this :)

Thanks for your time reading this, and i look forward to any responses
Re: embedding phorum in current design
June 08, 2014 05:56AM
well, that will need *serious* coding, so not just some handholding.
put your layout to the forum and not the forum into your page.

Thomas Seifert
Re: embedding phorum in current design
June 08, 2014 09:24AM
Thanks for your reply Thomas, i thought that your answer might have been the case.

I will look into phorum styling and see if i can start making phroum look like my site. I hope that the devs here are still keeping this forum software running, as i understand it phorum is more of a hobby that a full-time job for you guys. So far it is the only php forum that has what i want and runs as quickly as I would like!

Thanks again
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login