Firefox PHP

Integrate login w/phpfox platform?

Posted by wishadoo 
Integrate login w/phpfox platform?
February 04, 2013 11:12AM
I can't tell you how excited I am to have found Phorum. I've searched for years and somehow missed it. Your threaded discussion option is precisely what I'm looking forward and haven't found elsewhere.

First, I'm not a developer (though I do have help in that regard), so please forgive my ignorance in asking my question. :)

I'm thinking it may be best to upload a Phorum board to a separate domain extension for my site rather than upload to a subdomain.

The main thing I would need is the ability to have login integration with my main site, so members can use tools in both places without separate logins.

1. Anyone have experience with such integration with the phpfox platform?

2. Also, is it possible to see an existing, live board (rather than demo) of a site using the threaded layout, or be able to view the admin functions -- maybe I missed the admin demo?

Thanks. :)
Re: Integrate login w/phpfox platform?
February 04, 2013 05:02PM
I have no experience on 1. but can list some stuff on 2.
this forum is also an example, you can select the view in your control center or have a look at [forums.mysql.com] .
Opensourcecms has a admin demo -> [www.opensourcecms.com] .

Thomas Seifert
February 04, 2013 07:13PM
Thanks so much, Thomas.

So, does the download include the theme shown here, that we're using to interact? This is precisely how I want the forum to look...exactly as is shown here, with the green CMS color scheme and everything.

Just wondering how much work is involved if I don't worry about login integration.

Thanks again.
February 05, 2013 02:09AM
Yes, that's the emerald theme. On top is just the header from the site which is added.

Thomas Seifert
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login