Firefox PHP

Tapatalk Integration...

Posted by rchecka 
Tapatalk Integration...
July 27, 2012 11:24AM
Hi all, hopefully this is in the right sub-forum, else move it to the mod request forum?

Anyways,

I have had a lot of user requests for integrating this apparently popular smart phone app called "Tapatalk". I have a droid and never thought it necessary but apparently people are saying they would be able to contribute more with it as they are used to it's interface with much bigger forums than mine like Djforums.com and diggerswithgratitude forums as well as a few others.

Here is what they are asking about it and phorum integration?

Tapatalk Thread and Enhancement Request Thread

Is this something that can easily be integrated or is this a tall order for you guys?

Thanks in advance,

J

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2012 11:25AM by rchecka.
Re: Tapatalk Integration...
July 27, 2012 04:32PM
They want a full api developed (just for tapatalk) for free so they can make money with your phorum.
go figure ...

Thomas Seifert
July 27, 2012 05:34PM
You are right, Tapatalk wants to make money period, they aren't a free app, but it's not like they were asking me to do this, my members were. The members that asked for this functionality already paid for Tapatalk and just wanted to know if it's something that we can make work with phorums. I am guessing by your implied tone that this is a ton of work and can't be done easily even though it's implemented on other forum systems like PHPBB, vBulitten, BBpress and so on? I figured a little tweaking of that existing code might be possible, is this a huge task or a feasible integration?
July 27, 2012 05:42PM
I had a preliminary look at their api some year ago and it was quite a task.
Tapatalk claims that "it should be possible to do it in a month" - I don't have the free time for that right now so if someone wants to do that, go ahead.

Thomas Seifert
January 11, 2013 09:53PM
Any new ideas with this one? Personally I don't care about tapatalk, but there are loads of users who are interested about viewing phorum based forums with it.
January 12, 2013 03:46AM
No sponsored development, no news.
Even more as they require the plugins to be only hosted on their site.

Thomas Seifert
January 12, 2013 11:57AM
I second it!
March 01, 2013 01:26PM
I just noticed on the Tapatalk site that they increasingly support other forum applications. Could you maybe have another look at their API? By now smartphone users outnumbered PC users ... Thank you!
March 06, 2013 04:10AM
Do you have plans to sponsor this api?

Thomas Seifert
March 06, 2013 04:24AM
I could consider it. It would be more important if Phorum finally received a mobile app in order not to disappear from the Forum landscape within the near future. (I would throw in a calendar mod for Phroum!) But I guess, the major problem with Phorum is not so much the vision behind it but the problem of being underfunded.

PS: I heard that Firefox soon offers an api that lets you deplore mobile apps platform-independently.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.