Firefox PHP

complete: martha 0.2 (5.1 ready)

Posted by dissurion 
Re: complete: martha 0.2 (5.1 ready)
February 06, 2007 11:36AM
Can you give (or pm me) the url of your martha location? I'll give a quick look at it.

[www.dissurion.com]
February 06, 2007 04:42PM
Brian: less than .1%, eh? Wow, that is pretty insignificant, so I won't put TOO much effort into it. But I figured I'd give it a shot, and if it's something I can't fix, then oh well. And it's possible that the same problem might occur in older versions of IE on Windows, which I'd bet a substantially larger percentage of people use. I don't have a Windows machine available right now to check it out.

My forum installation is here. It's not open to the public yet, so there are a few things that still need to be fixed (apparently my editor tools mod buttons are stretched in IE6?). Log: Test Pass: tester deleted test account

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2007 03:04AM by statolith.
February 06, 2007 06:30PM
It seems like you changed quite a few things to the template. I'm not able to compare with my own installation at the moment though. Check your site against a html validator and you'll see some errors. These might give you a starting point.
Also, for the images that are stretched: I see you use a maximum width hack for internet explorer. I think you also should look into this, I'm not familiar with it.

[www.dissurion.com]
February 06, 2007 07:41PM
Yes, I've made a lot of customizations. Maybe it would be easier if I simply confirm which styles apply to the alternating topic rows? Then I can look at the CSS and see if I can fix it. Is the "Alt" class the one that applies to these rows, or is it another one?

The max-width thing is for shrinking images that people might post that would break the layout. It shouldn't apply to anything smaller (at least it doesn't in Safari and Firefox), but I'll look into it. Maybe I can change it to only apply to the messages, and not to the reply form. If not, I'll take the topic to the editor tools thread. Edit: that fixed it!

Thanks!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2007 08:46PM by statolith.
February 07, 2007 09:20AM
The alternating rows only seem to have a different background color. One thing that may cause the behavior is that for uneven rows the class=" topics" instead of "topics". This can be solved in the list.tpl and list_threads.tpl by changing
$rclass="Alt";
to
$rclass="Alt ";
and
in list.tpl:
<tr class="<?php echo $rclass;?> topics">
to
<tr class="<?php echo $rclass;?>topics">

in list_threaded.tpl:
<tr class="<?php echo $rclass;?> topics">
to
<tr class="<?php echo $rclass;?>topics">

[www.dissurion.com]
February 07, 2007 06:56PM
Yep, that fixed it. Thanks for the help!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2007 06:56PM by statolith.
April 03, 2007 04:08AM
Thank you for this great theme. I'm using it on my site at http://soflas.org with good success. I have one problem when viewing it on any browser in Mac OSX. The emoticon and formatting buttons show round shapes with nothing on them. Any ideas?

The attached picture illustrates what I see.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2007 04:57PM by Mayday.
April 03, 2007 07:21AM
Any browser? And on windows no problems?

[www.dissurion.com]
April 03, 2007 09:59AM
Sadly, it's a known problem of this template on Safari (and other WebKit based browser like Konqueror)
April 03, 2007 04:09PM
Absolutely no problems with Windows. Firefox and Safari on the OSX platform gives me the grief. Any help? I love this template.

TIA,
Chris
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login