Firefox PHP

complete: martha 0.2 (5.1 ready)

Posted by dissurion 
Re: complete: martha 0.2 (5.1 ready)
May 24, 2007 05:12PM
This is an awesome template! Great job.

I've run into a few issues, but the main one is that the retrieval of a password constantly returns the error message that the email address does not exist. First, I checked the sql db and the email address I'm using is there.

Then I thought it might be something with the template so I changed phorum settings to the standard/default template, requested a new password and it worked.

So, the issue is that something's wrong with the requesting of a new password with this new template.
May 24, 2007 09:01PM
This one will be for tomorrow. I'd appreciate it if you took the time to tell me the other issues you are having.

[www.dissurion.com]
May 24, 2007 09:21PM
dissurion
This one will be for tomorrow. I'd appreciate it if you took the time to tell me the other issues you are having.

Hi dissurion,

The other issues are nothing major really... just little annoyances that can be fixed with some tweaking... for example, in the fluid width version (I haven't used the fixed width edition of this template) the IP address of users stretches across into the posted message (see attached png).

I can document everything else and post later if you wish.

May 24, 2007 09:58PM

retrieval of a (new) password constantly returns the error message that the email address does not exist

I use a Martha template so I checked and found the same problem.

checking the templates from Martha and others and I found that there are 2 input fields named "lostpass". the one that is type="hidden" and has a value of "1" must be before the input that is a type="text".

Move the hidden input above the text input.
The following should work:
    <input type="hidden" name="lostpass" value="1" />
		<p><input type="text" name="lostpass" size="30" value="" />

If there are several inputs that have a value with the same name in a posted form only one is in $_POST and that one is the last one in the form. In this case the last one must be the text field so it has the entered email. There are probably 2 inputs so if nothing is entered and submit is clicked something is returned in lostpass and the login.php knows that the password form was submitted and not the login form, then the correct error is displayed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2007 10:00PM by fmon.
May 25, 2007 10:35AM
fmon
There are probably 2 inputs so if nothing is entered and submit is clicked something is returned in lostpass and the login.php knows that the password form was submitted and not the login form, then the correct error is displayed.

If you have two form fields named the same only the last one is visible to the receiving script. If the latter field is empty the script sees empty string. At least that's my impression.

---
-=[ Panu ]=-
May 25, 2007 11:16AM
As far as I know, what you see here is depending on the browser's behavior. It's therefore not right to add two fields to a form which bear the same name="..." tag or to work with the results that you get this way.

AFAICS, you simply have to drop this line from the code:

If you take a look at the default/login.tpl template, then you will see that this hidden field isn't in there either. I think it was in the default template a long time ago, but that was in fact a bug. I suspect that the hidden variable being in the Martha template is simply a copy of that old bug.

Found the relevant changeset. See [1266].

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
May 25, 2007 07:51PM
Taking out the line mmakaay says seems to work for me. So I suggest that as a temporary fix.

That means I still have 2 things to work on.

1) the ip problem that seems to take up a lot of space

The alloted space is too small. The best option would be to relocate it IMO, since otherwise I would have to make the whole user-info space too wide. The IP is only visible for the admin so that shouldn't be a big problem if I put it somewhere else (eg above the message or so).

2) the whole problem with the editor tools

There are the not appearing images and the not working as intended script on a browser like konqueror.
As for the images, I think I might use a div. I really don't seem to be able to display a background-image on inputs in these browsers so I need to change this part.
The script itself is another issue. I know know a small bit about javascript and at least can understand more or less what they are doing in that code. I borrowed it from some version of phpbb. However I should change it. One option could be to just leave it out as people than can choose whether they need such a thing, and use the 'official' one if the need is there.

[www.dissurion.com]
May 25, 2007 09:12PM

Is still in the blog template (5.1.19), I happened to be working on a blog when I checked for this problem, so I compared the Martha tpl to the Blog tpl. Wasn't sure why it was there but since the blog tpl came that way I thought there might have been a reason and left it in.
July 04, 2007 04:34PM
Hi, GREAT template.... I've modified it quite a bit for my site http://www.colincooke.com/numisforum/

I think i've found a bug though...

On the login page, if you enter an email address for a lost password and click submit, the page seems to quickly refresh but doesn't actually send the e-mail with the missing password or show the message that it has sent the message.

I've tried to find out whats wrong by replacing the login.tpl file with the one from the Phorum default template and it then works fine.

I think there's something to do with the login.tpl that makes the forgotten password feature not work.

If anyone can let me know how this is happening or how to fix it, it'd be greatly appreciated.

~~~SORRY FOR DUPLICATE~~~

I've tried the fixes listed above and none of them seem to work!

Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2007 04:50PM by alsheron.
September 11, 2007 09:43PM
well that's irritating - got hacked again and my last post has disappeared into hyperspace :(

never mind

new bug for you...

with martha-with-settings 5.1.14 the "Send replies to this thread to me via email" doesn't work. you don't get subscribed to the thread you just posted on.

i think the fix is simply this:

diff posting_messageform.tpl posting_messageform.tpl-dist
144c144
< <div id="emailreply"><input type="checkbox" name="email_notify" value="1"{IF POST->email_notify}
checked="checked" {/IF} id="email_reply" />{LANG->EmailReplies}</div>
---
> <div id="emailreply"><input type="checkbox" name="email_reply" value="1"{IF POST->email_reply}
checked="checked" {/IF} id="email_reply" />{LANG->EmailReplies}</div>

BTW - the fix for sending out a (new) password to the supplied email address works for me, so thanks for that!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login