Firefox PHP

complete: martha 0.2 (5.1 ready)

Posted by dissurion 
Re: complete: martha 0.2 (5.1 ready)
April 03, 2007 01:07PM
I've Firefox on Mac (PowerPC) and no problem, the problem is how Safari handled the "box".

It puts some enhancement (like "ok" button of input), so the text/image isn't shown (but it's present)
April 03, 2007 01:23PM
There's also a problem with the style script itself. It puts the closing tag before the opening tag.
I'll try to take a look at it next week, but I have no clue at all where to start. It's a mystery to me.

[www.dissurion.com]
April 03, 2007 01:34PM
I had a problem with those, seems the directories where not right. I just removed them and use the editor tools mods instead.
April 03, 2007 01:36PM
Thank you, Dissurion. Fmon, can you elaborate what you have done? I'm new to Phorum.

Thanks,
Chris
April 03, 2007 01:52PM
fmon
I had a problem with those, seems the directories where not right. I just removed them and use the editor tools mods instead.

The problem is that if the directories are wrong, no browser would display the images. I can't imagine them being wrong for some browsers and correct for others. But I'll leave the option open to look at it.

[www.dissurion.com]
April 03, 2007 02:08PM
You are welcome to use my site for testing.
April 03, 2007 02:14PM
Since it's in konqueror too, on linux I have a means of testing. Thanks for the offer though.

[www.dissurion.com]
April 04, 2007 12:28PM
What I meant about directories is that the path to the images was wrong. Instead of changing them all I just deleted them from the template and used the editor tools mod. Editor tools does not have the same look, but it's ok for me.

I think the problem is this: The URL for a background image set with CSS is relative to the source of the CSS. So if you use a template that links to a "style.css" the "images/theimage.gif" must be in the same directory as style.css, which is in the martha directory in the templates directory. If you are using the css/settings.tpl way of doing things (martha with settings) then the css is embedded in the HTML and the URL is seen as relative to the source of the HTML which would be the "forums" directory or whatever directory you have the phorum files in.

In the case of the emoticons you need a relative path to the smilies directory inside the mods directory tree, it will also be different depending on how the css is handled.

Frank

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2007 05:55PM by fmon.
April 05, 2007 01:27PM
I got the emoticons to show by mapping them to the right directory. The problem still lies with the formatting icons.
April 22, 2007 12:32PM
I don't seem to be able to get any background image to display on input elements in konqueror. Not even in the simplest of cases. So I think I'll have to look for another option.

-images as input types instead of having them in the css file
-remove it and if people want such tools they can enable the one provided with phorum

[www.dissurion.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login