Flat View and Tree View on the same page

Posted by RobRoy 
All files from this thread

File Name File Size   Posted by Date  
Image 1.png 152.6 KB open | download pcoud 04/12/2007 Read message
Flat View and Tree View on the same page
April 11, 2007 05:35AM
Hi there,

I am currently working on a template and was trying to rewrite the read.tpl and list.tpl so that I have the treeview of the posts on the left and a flat view on the right.

Unfortunately I was only able to get a double view of either mode. So I habe two tables of either flat view or tree view. When I switch views both sides alter their mode which is something I do not want. What I want to achieve is that the lieft side stays in tree view and the user can change the right side as they need it.

Is that at all possible through just altering the templates? Or will I have to dig into the PHP files as well?

Regards,

Robert
Re: Flat View and Tree View on the same page
April 12, 2007 11:46AM
A flat + threaded view is possible to do with a modified template (see attachment, taken from [www.bzhecume.com]). What you want seems more complex, like the tree view in one frame and and the flat view is another, such as Google Groups.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2007 11:49AM by pcoud.

April 12, 2007 11:53AM
Thx for the image but thats not quite what I was looking for. Thats, like you said, just the treeview with the flat posting template for the posts :) Thanks anyway.

What I was looking for is your second thought. I'd like the treeview on the left side for easier thread navigation and the flat view on the right side. Haven't found a solution to this yet. So if anyone has ony ideas, keep 'em coming :)

Thanks for your anwser though.

Regards
Robert
April 13, 2007 01:02PM
What you want will be quite difficult as the messages are sorted differently for threaded and flat mode. If I understand you right, you want a tree view to use for navigation within the flat page? That seems a little odd to me as they are in fact sorted differently.

Brian - Cowboy Ninja Coder - Personal Blog - Twitter
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login