Firefox PHP

Separate Header Image Per Forum

Posted by artisites 
Separate Header Image Per Forum
August 25, 2004 09:04AM
How would i sort it so that in header.php, i can have a different header image appear for each forum i host?

Its fine with my header, and my drop downs to the other forums, but i want to customise the header on each individual forum.

cheers
Re: Separate Header Image Per Forum
August 25, 2004 10:53AM
You can either make a seperate template for each forum, or use a fairly simple common mod that sets a variable to the appropriate image URL based on the forum id, which a single template would then use.
August 25, 2004 03:00PM
I just tried to PM you chris, it seemed to have sent, but no messages in my PM outbox?

Is this a known bug?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2004 03:00PM by artisites.
August 25, 2004 04:38PM
They don't save in your outbox by default, you have to check the box.

If you did and it still didn't save, thats a bug.
August 25, 2004 04:46PM
The other option is to just use a little PHP in your header file to check the forum_id and then get the right image.

Brian - Cowboy Ninja Coder - Personal Blog - Twitter
August 25, 2004 05:33PM
hmm, didn't I post that module?
you can get it here anyways:
[dev.phorum.org]

it allows to define custom fields for a forum which can be used in the template then.

Thomas Seifert
August 25, 2004 06:01PM
downloaded :)

not much time to take a peak at the moment, but will it allow me to assign separate headers for each forum?

thats all i want to do really, i was expecting it would be in the source to alter it (which is fine) but going on what it says (custom fields) does that hint that maybe assigned admins to forums can update this image too?

/newbie :p

many many thanks for replies, i was expecting this to go to page 5 in a couple of hours!
August 25, 2004 06:04PM
it allows you to define separate values for variables for each forum, yeah you can put in a header to a variable ;).

no, only THE admin can change this in the module-admin. though you can code your own admin to allow others to do it too ;).

Thomas Seifert
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login