Firefox PHP

Request: Thread bookmarking

Posted by Mandingo 
Request: Thread bookmarking
June 14, 2004 08:38PM
How about having something in the 'options' field below a thread to allow users to add that thread to a list, so that they can come back to it later, i.e. 'bookmark this thread' or something like that. Perhaps you could do something in the CC like the 'subscribed threads' page, which lists the threads you've bookmarked, with the subject and a link to it.

Any thoughts?
Re: Request: Thread bookmarking
June 15, 2004 01:13AM
A simple javascript code would work. You could just write • (Script here) with "Bookmark this Post" for the text hyperlink. The javascript for bookmarking a page is easy to find, just do a search on google.com for bookmark javascript. I'd provide you with one, but for some reason, I get a script error with each and every Javascript bookmark example I try.
June 15, 2004 09:32AM
Yep that would work, but I really meant an internal method, rather than adding it to your favourites in your browser. Instead, when you bookmark a thread, it gets listed on a page in the CC (much like the 'subscribed threads' page) with info like -

Forum: Subject: Last reply:

a checkbox to unbookmark, etc...

and you can link back to it from there.

June 15, 2004 01:31PM
I don't see much use for it.
you already have the same functionality with the bookmarks in your browser.

Thomas Seifert
Phorum Development Team / Mysnip-Solutions.de
Custom Phorum and general software development
worry-free Phorum Hosting
July 19, 2004 07:37AM
So, you can have a look at the test forum.

[dev.phorum.org]

I have just commited my changes to a patch submitted by Arthur Louie. I merged Bookmarked threads and Subscribed threads into one thing called Followed Threads.

Brian - Cowboy Ninja Coder - Personal Blog - Twitter
July 20, 2004 07:03AM
The enhancements you made to my patch are great... thanks Brian and Thomas!
July 20, 2004 10:57PM
Problem in IE6 -

The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only one top level element is allowed in an XML document. Error processing resource '[dev.phorum.org];. Line 2, Position 2

<b>Warning</b>: Missing argument 2 for phorum_db_user_get() in <b>/www/dev.phorum/phorum5/include/db/mysql.php</b> on line <b>1375</b><br />
-^
July 20, 2004 11:08PM
I guess you didn't update all the files!?

Thomas Seifert
Phorum Development Team / Mysnip-Solutions.de
Custom Phorum and general software development
worry-free Phorum Hosting
July 21, 2004 08:54AM
No, I'm talking about on THIS SITE. I can't get into the test forum. Look at the URLs in the example I gave.
July 21, 2004 09:15AM
It seems to work in Opera though, but 86.84 % (42173) of our users use Internet Explorer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login