Firefox PHP

Request: Thread bookmarking

Posted by Mandingo 
Re: Request: Thread bookmarking
July 21, 2004 03:22AM
How many files are there to update? Perhaps I'm missing a simple way to update them. I used -

constants.php
post.php
control.php
follow.php
login.php
postgresql.php
post.php
subthreads.php

cc_subscriptions.tpl
read.tpl
follow.tpl

I got them from the online CVS and just replaced the old php files with the new ones, and replaced the subscriptions template, added follow.tpl and put the new stuff from read.tpl into my old version.

Bear in mind that I'd already altered the 'read.tpl' and 'read.php' scripts as shown here -

[phorum.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2004 03:25AM by Mandingo.
July 21, 2004 04:12AM
NEVER do this, always upgrade the whole snapshots ...
Read these threads to know why:
[phorum.org]
[phorum.org]

the current cvs-version has followed threads/bookmarks from arlo's patch.

Thomas Seifert
July 21, 2004 07:03AM
The first part of the error is IE being strict (I didn't know it could do that) and complianing about a malformed page.

The second part is being caused by register.php calling phorum_db_user_get() incorrectly, as that function was changed in 5.0.7. I'm not sure why this page is calling it directly.

Any idea why its not using phorum_user_get Thomas?
July 21, 2004 07:16AM
Don't know, coding error? ;-)
Feel free to change it.

IE complains about the error-message in the page which isn't nicely formatted ;-).

Thomas Seifert
July 21, 2004 01:33PM
O.K. Will I lose my template settings/ if I upload the entire snapshot though? That's what stopped me doing that.
How do I do it? Overwrite all the existing Phorum files?
July 21, 2004 04:12PM
If your template is in the "default" directory, that will get overwritten. If it is not, then it won't.

And yeah, you can just overwrite everything and then edit include/db/config.php with your settings again. (we really need to fix that)
July 21, 2004 04:32PM
O.K. Thanks. I'll wait for a fix for the IE 6/phorum_user_get error problem before trying it.
July 21, 2004 05:32PM
You mean the above one? I fixed that not too long ago in CVS. It should probably be in the current one.
July 22, 2004 03:01AM
Oh, o.k. thanks a lot! :-D
July 22, 2004 07:26AM
o.k now it's working but I get this just below 'options:mark all messages read' -

Warning: Missing argument 2 for phorum_db_user_get() in /usr/home/web/sth24958/phorum/include/db/mysql.php on line 1379

Warning: Missing argument 2 for phorum_db_user_get() in /usr/home/web/sth24958/phorum/include/db/mysql.php on line 1379

Seems to be a problem connected with the Online Users Mod, since I doesn't happen when I turn it off.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2004 08:42AM by Mandingo.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login