Firefox PHP

Stats module?

Posted by Diego 
Stats module?
June 09, 2004 08:00AM
I would like to see a module with some basic (or non some basic) numbers: Top 10 posters, Most replied thread... etc.

We had a rough module in admin zone in old P3, I adapted it and made it public, but I don't see there is something available yet.

Is this going to be included in any final release of P5? Did anyone started with this? If not, I could try it myself, I think this DB structure is better than the old one and stats could be done easier.

Diego
Re: Stats module?
June 09, 2004 09:49AM
Whatever stats, that's what I too miss in P5...

Greetz,

Godai
June 09, 2004 01:01PM
Be our guest to get started. The one that was in P3 was simply done by a user and submitted to us. If you create it like any other page in the admin, integrating it later would be easy.

Brian - Cowboy Ninja Coder - Personal Blog - Twitter
June 09, 2004 01:15PM
Ok, I'll try to do something nice, I guess the sctructure database won't be altered to the final version so much right?

Also, what kind of stats do you suggest? Top authors, Top read threads... please tell me what do you want to see in a module like this.

Diego
June 09, 2004 10:06PM
The db structure is pretty solid at this point. Especially the messages table.

Start with what the p3 one had I guess. Posts per day/month/quarter/year, etc is always interesting to me. A rather ambitious goal may be for it to take a date range that it uses to generate its report.

June 10, 2004 06:55PM
An old message board I wrote years ago in ASP had really extensive stats.

My personal favorite one in the bunch was "Top posters in the last 30 days", which would show users who are recently active. Its far more interesting then just "top posters", since someone could be up there without posting for a year if they rack up a lot of posts and then vanish.

Most viewed posts/threads is interesting too.
June 17, 2004 10:49PM

how is this coming?

does anyone have anything basic to share?
July 26, 2004 08:51PM

anyone out there done anything for stats?

July 27, 2004 09:34AM
ts77 already posted a stats module in the mods forum.

July 27, 2004 09:57AM

i just tried it out..

i can't seem to get it to appear on any of the pages even though i've checked all the boxes..

weird.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login