No mark forum read and no new count

Posted by houndchaser 
No mark forum read and no new count
February 06, 2013 05:37AM
I would like to remove or hide two things:

1. Remove or hide the "Mark Forum Read"

2. Remove or hide (3 new), (1 new) etc in both posts and topic count-

And add:

1. Instead of saying how many unread posts or topics there are, if the topic is unread; id like the topic title to become bold and the font color slightly changed.

2. Show a distinct icon next to any topic title if you have posted any posts in that topic or created it. (To quickly see in which topics you have participated)

3. Mark all topics that are older than 1 month as read

If there is already any modules that i have missed that do any of these things, please let me know.
Re: No mark forum read and no new count
February 06, 2013 08:10AM
For the removal, you can do all this in the template(s).
The topic is already made bold if its new if I remember correctly, otherwise its also template work. Check list*.tpl files for how the new is handled in there.
For 2 and 3 I think there is no ready to go solution. It would need new modules or in case of 3 a command line script or so.

Thomas Seifert
Phorum Development Team / Mysnip-Solutions.de
Custom Phorum and general software development
worry-free Phorum Hosting
February 06, 2013 07:57PM
Thanks, i didnt notice the bold right away since i changed the template, but now that i have returned it to emerald i see it.

Just one question about the .tpl

How do i put comments? I wish to delete some code, but would rather put them in comments instead, so i can easily return them if need be, and i am not sure what kind of language that is anyway...

I v set notepad++ to read it in html, but is there a better alternative to editing those .tpl files...
February 06, 2013 08:28PM
I'd just make a copy of the file for backup purposes.
Some description of the template language is shown on [trac.phorum.org] but its not complete.

Thomas Seifert
Phorum Development Team / Mysnip-Solutions.de
Custom Phorum and general software development
worry-free Phorum Hosting
February 09, 2013 11:52AM
Also, you can take a look at the developer docs for information on the template language itself.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2013 11:53AM by Maurice Makaay.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login