Firefox PHP

Mambo bridge

Posted by CBiLL 
Mambo bridge
March 12, 2005 12:22AM
I posted asking if there was mambo bridge hack the other forum [phorum.org] but didn't see there was a mod/hack request forum here so Ill ask here then ..

Can anyone create a hack that disable Phorum's built in registeration and uses Mambo's instead and Mambo's username and password and group database as well too?

I never coded a real hack before but done some light php hacking however if you can give me some idea what to look for and what to replace and I can give it a shot and see if I can hack Phorum to bridge to Mambo and share it with everyone if it works ..

I am not worrying about imbedding Phorum into mambo or the template .. Phorum will still be a standalone application and have it own templates .. I just want it to use Mambo's username and password and group so I can have everyone just register at one place intead of having them have to register one on mambo and again on Phorum ..

I have check all forums that offer Mambo bridge but Phorum is still my pick and the forum I really want to use .. Phorum's a great forum as I can see so far and I like it.

Hopefully it's easy for someone to create a hack to have it use mambo's username database ..

Mambo is a CMS like phpnuke or Portal System etc ..

Mambo's website is at [www.mamboserver.com]

Thank you
Bill

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2005 12:24AM by CBiLL.
Re: Mambo bridge
April 07, 2005 03:40PM
Take a look at other posts in this forum about "integrating phorum".

--
Amilcar Lucas
www.kdevelop.org webmaster
May 14, 2005 04:20PM
Hm, I shall be working on Phorum/Mambo integration.

It will most probably be a simple hack into Mambo, making it use Phorum user tables.

I'll let know oon as anything's ready.

Greetz,

Godai

___
Polskie Centrum WebKomiksu
May 14, 2005 06:59PM
Someone worked on Mambo-Phorum componment ... I been beta testing it and it works good but there a few glitch and the author seem to be absent however I could upload it or add a link to the file where it can be downloaded and you can look at it if you want ..

Phorum uses Mambo's user database and Mambo insert them into Phorum anytime anyone register on Mambo but there 2 thing need to be fixed .. Registeration date and Last visited date then it will be a good componment ..

It also incudle a componment which you upload into mambo and it will imbedded phorum into mambo page ..

Bill
May 14, 2005 07:11PM
Here the link to download the mambo2phorum.zip

WARNING : This is still in a very beta stage and the credit to author of this file is in the install.txt

So far it seem to be working other than Registered Date: and Last Visited Date: is not inserted into Phorum and also it does NOT log you off from Phorum if you log off mambo.

And since you are using Mambo's user database it is advisable that you go into phorum and change all the detail links and login / logout / registeration link to Mambo's detail / login / logout / registeration pages.

You still can add admin or moderator once they have registered in mambo and visited Phorum at least once then you can go to phorum's admin.php and add administrator or moderators since thier username will appear in dropdown box to add them ..

Download file at [www.findmall.com]

Enjoy!
Bill

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2005 07:12PM by CBiLL.
May 14, 2005 07:14PM
godai Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hm, I shall be working on Phorum/Mambo
> integration.
>
> It will most probably be a simple hack into Mambo,
> making it use Phorum user tables.
>
> I'll let know oon as anything's ready.
>
> Greetz,
>
> Godai
>
>
> ---
> Quis fallus aquam turbat?
>
>
>
>

I would like to try it out if you managed to do it ..

The beta phorum mambo componet isn't working out as I expected and you have to use iframe which I don't want to use ..

I rather have phorum as stand alone and have phorum insert username and password into mambo's user database ..

Drop me a PM if you want someone to test it out ..

Bill

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2005 07:51AM by CBiLL.
May 15, 2005 07:54AM
Since I am not beta testing anymore and I will leave that file up for another week for anyone to download and try it out ..

Again the website url where you can reach the author of this mambo compoment is in the install.txt ..

Bill
May 15, 2005 11:18AM
Soon as I got anything working I'll let know about it. Thanks for the link to the component, we'll look it over and check if it can be anything useful in our case.

Regards,

Godai

___
June 24, 2005 01:15PM
Hello there,

I was reading over the board, finding this as the only thread existing on this topic.

Well, to cut it short - the link isn't working anymore but I'm sure this topic is of interest for a huge group.

If there are any news on this, any consumptions, ideas, links, I would be glad.

Regards
June 24, 2005 02:03PM
A beta version, working on local server, is in fact done. The problem is I need to translate the docs and instruction into english (unless someone can read Polish and/or is willing to do that) then I can make it available during the weekend.

___
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login