Firefox PHP

Need Embed Video Module

Posted by CBiLL 
Need Embed Video Module
March 14, 2011 01:48AM
I need an Embed Video module which is simlar to Embed Image module

We are in process of starting a small online classroom with videos of signing teachers with texts (We're Deaf) and we don't want to make it public or maintain a video software script and forum seperately so I got to thinking why not ask to see if anyone will be willing to make an Embed Video Module.

It should be similar to Embed Image module and it would use flash player something like this and it what I recommended since it seem to be highly popular flash player [www.longtailvideo.com]

It will play several different formats so a Embed Video module will just recogzine an attachment with one of those format (We plan on using flash format anyway which we will convert to flash before attaching video to post) and module would load a JW Flash Player in the post instead of showing the attachment of the file name.

Could anyone help us with this? I wish I could do something like this but it out of my league

Thank you

Bill
Re: Need Embed Video Module
March 14, 2011 11:16AM
I believe they already have the module you are looking for here.
March 14, 2011 01:22PM
Not really, I think. It think it is a requirement for a module that implements a system like YouTube, only with the videos hosted (privately) on the Phorum site, not externally on some cloud service.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
March 14, 2011 02:28PM
What I am looking for is a module that could play the video file attached to post with a flash player from the module itself.

The module you pointed out require the video to be already loaded in a flash player on an external script or server like Youtube

Bill

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2011 02:29PM by CBiLL.
March 14, 2011 02:53PM
I have written such an animal for a 3rd party. Video encoding is a bear. Delivery is very complicated as well due to the emergence of HTML 5. If you wanted to commit to MPEG4 and Flash you could, but its not very future proof. The short answer is that this is not something that can be easily done in a portable manner. It requires a lot of moving parts.

The quick and dirty way that would break a lot is to just do what the Embed Image module does and try and play whatever they attach. It would break a lot. =/

Brian - Cowboy Ninja Coder - Personal Blog - Twitter
March 14, 2011 05:33PM
Brian Moon
I have written such an animal for a 3rd party. Video encoding is a bear. Delivery is very complicated as well due to the emergence of HTML 5. If you wanted to commit to MPEG4 and Flash you could, but its not very future proof. The short answer is that this is not something that can be easily done in a portable manner. It requires a lot of moving parts.

The quick and dirty way that would break a lot is to just do what the Embed Image module does and try and play whatever they attach. It would break a lot. =/

Attachment would only be uploaded by few same posters so they would be staying with encode that could be playback by JW flash player.

If it something you could put together I would be happy to donate to Phorum like I done before for other modules you done for me :-)

Bill
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login