Firefox PHP

Soundcloud BBCode

Posted by rchecka 
Soundcloud BBCode
March 11, 2011 04:07PM
First off, before making an official request, I want to express my gratitude for developing such a spectacular resource and then giving it away for free like a true humanitarian. You guys made my year after searching high and low for forums that were too expensive, had or too many strings attached if they were free or cheap. This puts all the power where it belongs, with the forum owner, so kudos for doing you.

Here is my brand new forum...(as of yesterday)

[forum.officialperiodic.com]

It has exactly what I want except for one small thing that may be useful in a module to many other music related forums. Is there any chance Soundcloud embedding will be on you guy's to do list? It literally is the only thing I am missing that I would like to see added to BBCode functionality.

Thanks in advance!
rchecka
Re: Soundcloud BBCode
March 12, 2011 10:12AM
I'll add it to my (looong ;-) todo list. It sounds like something that might be useful for my own forums too (guitarist site).

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
March 12, 2011 04:20PM
The man himself replies! I have been lurching for a while, reading all kinds of threads, and I appreciate your contribution man. I'll check out your guitarist site right now, thank you!
March 12, 2011 04:24PM
Found it http://www.gitaar.net/
Maybe I need the translator module to read it, but I'll tell you this, I love the guitar too, my favorite guitar jazz musician is Al Di Meola. Thanks again!
March 13, 2011 04:24AM
Then "Friday Night in San Francisco" probably is a treat for you as well ;-)

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
March 14, 2011 11:14AM
Maurice Makaay
Then "Friday Night in San Francisco" probably is a treat for you as well ;-)

No doubt, that one right there is a true meeting of the minds, some incredible acoustic work there.

My favorite from just Al would probably have to be "Kiss my Axe", some real interesting synths on that...

Thanks again.
June 13, 2011 04:39PM
Ok, I did a little bit of digging on this and I figured this out... Hopefully this will make development of a BBCode button much easier.

INSTRUCTIONS:

So Here's How You Do it...

SOUNDCLOUD:

1. On Soundcloud, click Share and copy the embed link they give you. For that J-Rocc track, it looks like this...

<object height="81" width="100%"> <param name="movie" value="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.soundcloud.com%2Ftracks%2F11416335"></param> <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param> <embed allowscriptaccess="always" height="81" src="[player.soundcloud.com]; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"></embed> </object> <span><a href="[soundcloud.com] (Suck On This)</a> by <a href="[soundcloud.com];

2. Copy the URL that is bolded above and delete the rest.

3. Click the flash button (next to the mp3 button) and paste that web address in the box and click ok.

4. Then edit the flash code to include pixel dimensions.

like this...

(^Use dimensions 800 X 100 for one song or 800 X 300 for a mix)

As long as it looks like that format above it works like a charm!

MIXCLOUD

MIXCLOUD IS THE SAME EXACT STEPS EXCEPT NO DIMENSIONS ARE NEEDED!

(Copy the first link just as you would for Soundcloud)

This makes soundcloud and mixcloud embedding possible only if Flash BBC code is enabled as well. But realistically, this is a lot to ask of my users to get functional embedding, they don't have the time or patience to read the instructions or follow them exactly. A button would make it all feasible.

How close are we to having this developed. I'm not rushing the developers just hoping that these instructions makes it a lot simpler to do. Can I help in any other way?

Thanks.
August 19, 2011 03:06PM
Maybe someone can help me along on this, I feel like I am close to a solution based on what I discovered so far about Soundcloud and Mixcloud. Googling the hell out of this subject has yielded no additional information. If I edit the Flash BB Code slightly (for example) is there a way of making these 2 flash players work simply? I have limited programming knowledge (visual basic), maybe I can figure this one out myself if I get a little coaching. I know the senior developers here are already very busy and waiting for this to happen might never pan out unless I take some initiative. Not that I wouldn't appreciate someone just designing the module for everyone, I think it's quite relevant, but I realize I can't expect you guys to drop what you are doing either.

Is this easy? If so, can I get a starting point? It seems like a lot of forums already have this feature, at least the music ones that I visit do, is there any interest in this from phorum members?
August 29, 2011 03:26PM
Ok, last bump...

I got a little steering from the right member about making this work, and he gave me this code to use.

Can someone tell me if this will work and if so where should it be amended to safely alter the existing BBCode.

<object height="81" width="100%"><param name="movie" value="[player.soundcloud.com]{param}&amp;g=bb"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed allowscriptaccess="always" height="81" src="[player.soundcloud.com]{param}&amp;g=bb" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"></embed></object> <a href="{param}">{param}</a>
November 09, 2011 02:44PM
Had time to do a bit more digging on this but I'm still fairly lost as to how to proceed on hacking the flash mod. I'm just not versed in php enough to try, is there anyone here that has time to do this? I had a few members on my phorum forum complaining that it was too hard to embedd soundcloud and mixcloud music based on my posted instructions and I am no closer to making it easier for them. Another forum owner offered to help until he saw the existing code I sent him. I know this should be a simple switch of a few values, but I'm not there at all.

Meanwhile I found this which might come in handy.

https://github.com/mptre/php-soundcloud.git

Can anyone gimmie a hint or a starting point?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login