Firefox PHP

Event logger - email logs at interval?

Posted by Judith 
Event logger - email logs at interval?
February 01, 2011 05:10PM
I find the event logging mod very useful, but I wish there was an easier way to view the logs.
Has anybody created a mod so that the logs can be emailed via cron at a specified interval?
Or maybe a custom php page that, when called, will display the logs in table form?

I spent a long time searching this forum for such mods, but I didn't find anything. I also tried to create a php page myself that would pull the log data from the db and display it in table form, but my php is way too rusty, and it was taking me too long.
If someone is kind enough, I'm sure it wouldn't take an experienced programmer more than 5 minutes to make a php script that pulls the event logs and displays them nicely. Would anybody be willing to do such a thing, if it hasn't already been done?

Thanks!
Re: Event logger - email logs at interval?
February 01, 2011 05:55PM
That would most definitely cost more than 5 minutes.

What's the problem with the event log viewer that can be found in the module settings? The way I access the event logs, is by means of a simple bookmark in my browser to the viewer in the module settings.

There are no modules that do any kind of additional reporting on the event log data, so it's correct that you cannot find any such modules on these forums.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
Re: Event logger - email logs at interval?
February 01, 2011 07:28PM
Maurice, thanks a lot for replying! I didn't realize it wasn't an easy task, otherwise I wouldn't have tried starting it myself. :)

Thanks for the bookmark idea. It's very suitable.

-Judith
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login