Firefox PHP

Can someone help me finish this?

Posted by Robert Angle 
Can someone help me finish this?
January 02, 2011 01:12AM
I am trying to hack the registration_notification module to work as a "hidden message notification" module instead.

I've tried changing some variables and hooks, but have hit a wall.

What I want is an email to be dispatched to the administrator(s) letting them know that a moderator has hidden a message.

I don't allow my moderators to delete anything, but I have no way of knowing if they hide something. This or a module that created a display message (such as converting a hidden message into an unapproved message) would help me with my situation.

Here is the link: [robertangle.com]

Robert Angle
Phorum lover, nothing more.
Ruminations

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2011 01:13AM by Robert Angle.
Re: Can someone help me finish this?
January 02, 2011 01:14AM
Updated post to include a link to the actual file.

Robert Angle
Ruminations
January 02, 2011 08:57PM
I guess I don't understand..., I get more than enough email that serves little purpose. Just logging into the forum as an administrator, and I get a big pink box area that informs me I have unapproved messages.

If you insist...
Event Logging will log an an event for Un-approving a message. Event Logging allows filtering and also downloading of a file. The ability to selectively (by filter) email event logs would be far more useful.
January 03, 2011 04:42AM
Scott Finegan
I guess I don't understand..., I get more than enough email that serves little purpose. Just logging into the forum as an administrator, and I get a big pink box area that informs me I have unapproved messages.

That only works in a moderated forum. The big pink box does not show up if a moderator saw fit to click the "Hide+replies" on a post. As a result, there could be hidden messages that I am not aware of if I get out of the habit of checking. I hope this clarified it.

Scott Finegan
Event Logging will log an an event for Un-approving a message. Event Logging allows filtering and also downloading of a file. The ability to selectively (by filter) email event logs would be far more useful.

I agree.

Robert Angle
Ruminations
January 08, 2011 11:46PM
I thought I got back to you on this, but I see I did not.

My forum is not moderated, the pink box is always there. Probably because I have unapproved messages from double posts. I set it to display 7 days back. I have many hidden messages and rarely delete anything but spam.

Another thought I had but do not know if it is a good one:
Change the behavior of Hide to move the message or/and replies to a hidden message forum to which you have a subscription.
I haven't tried the Subscription Module, and haven't moved a message in a year, so this may not be practical. Moving the message back if it is OK hasn't been considered.

Scott
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login