Firefox PHP

Member List?

Posted by Voltius 
Member List?
April 16, 2009 06:05PM
*self-deleted*

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2018 11:51PM by Voltius.
Re: Member List?
April 16, 2009 09:21PM
We have never seen the need for a member list, so we did not implement it. Can you explain what is so great about a member list? On systems that do provide member lists, I never go there to browse the users. I'm always more interested in content that is posted by users. And what functionality would a "member list" embody?

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
April 18, 2009 03:34AM
*self-deleted*

April 18, 2009 05:37AM
Doesn't the "topusers" mod serve this purpose if you really need a member list?
April 18, 2009 11:29AM
What I extract from that, you are not looking for a member list. You are looking for a member search, correct? For example to have a better way to search for users to PM to by using an autocompleting drop down, ajax based, showing names and avatars if available. The same kind of search / user selection could be in the search form to select for what user to search the messages.

To me, the specification of "member list" would embody some list like you can find in the admin interface under the users section, where all users are in a browsable list. That works for forums with up to maybe a few hundred users, but beyond that a list like that is virtually useless. Of course it can include a filter of some sort (just like the admin does have a filter on that page), but then I still wonder what the use of the list element would be.

For user selection, I was quite charmed by this solution. It's not usable as such for Phorum, but I like the kind of user selection that this offers. This is something that I would like to implement for Phorum at some point. Only for javascript enabled browsers of course. Without javascript, it should still be possible to select users based on the current mechanisms.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
April 22, 2009 02:11AM
*self-deleted*

July 14, 2009 02:20PM
If you're still looking for a member list, I just uploaded one you may want to look at.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
"When given a choice, always choose monkeys."
February 13, 2011 01:12AM
Hi, i will try to get the example of http://devthought.com/projects/jquery/textboxlist/ working.
The php/jquery code should not be the biggest problem for me, but where and how do i implement the final jQuery and form code?

<hr />
usually manuals are written by experts,
so.....that's the reason why i do not understand the manuals)
February 13, 2011 04:54AM
Place your javascript at the end of footer.tpl before </body>. Don't forget to use "$PJ" instead of "$" in case you work with Phorum's jQuery library. What do you want to do with this plugin? Just curious..
February 13, 2011 10:48PM
We have 1100 members on our phorum forum, who make intensive use of private messages.
But more and more people are asking others for their email, because it ain't fun to search for the right recipient. A lot of users, (average age above 40) can't handle such a big dropdownlist.

I have installed the User List module for now, so it became a little bit less difficult, but still not perfect.
What i want: suggesting users, based on what they type into the reciepient textfield. in case of more then one recipient, add more recipients the same way.

Don't forget to use "$PJ" instead of "$" in case you work with Phorum's jQuery library.

Phorum's jQuery?? did i miss something??

<hr />
usually manuals are written by experts,
so.....that's the reason why i do not understand the manuals)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login