Firefox PHP

Last Post

Posted by Radii 
Last Post
January 25, 2009 06:25PM
Is there a plugin so that instead of showing the date of the last post in Index view, it'll show the latest post name, date, and poster?

Also, is there a plugin to view all unread posts?
Re: Last Post
January 25, 2009 06:37PM
Radii
Is there a plugin so that instead of showing the date of the last post in Index view, it'll show the latest post name, date, and poster?

Last Forum Post

Radii
Also, is there a plugin to view all unread posts?

No, there is not yet such mod. The Recent Messages module is the closest thing.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
September 20, 2009 11:49PM
Maurice, I have users wanting an Unread Messages module too...something that displays all posts since they were last at the forum. I haven't pulled apart the Recent Messages module (we use that too) to see if I can modify it to do unread ones. I guess that means that every user needs to have a register of what posts they've seen? Possible - or too big and hairy?
September 21, 2009 04:49AM
Every (authenticated) user already has a register of what they have read. So that is not the hairy part. The hairy part is that there are currently only functions available to count how many new messages there are in a forum. There is not a function like phorum_db_get_unread_messages() to retrieve unread messages (likewise the phorum_db_get_recent_messages()). With such function in place, it would be rather trivial to extend the recent messages module with "unread messages" IMO. I do want such feature too, so one day, I will build it.

Patches that implement the phorum_db_get_unread_messages() in a performance-friendly way (there's the catch ;) are welcome.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
September 23, 2009 02:01PM
Maurice Makaay
Patches that implement the phorum_db_get_unread_messages() in a performance-friendly way (there's the catch ;) are welcome.

Isn't phorum_db_newflag_get_unread_count doing almost the same thing already?

instead of getting count just get message_id? Or am I forgetting something obvious...

Language: PHP
SELECT message_id FROM {$PHORUM[';message_table';]} AS m LEFT JOIN {$PHORUM[';user_newflags_table';]} AS n ON m.message_id = n.message_id AND m.forum_id = n.forum_id AND n.user_id = {$PHORUM[';user';][';user_id';]} WHERE m.forum_id = {$forum_id} AND m.message_id > $min_message_id AND n.message_id IS NULL AND m.status = ".PHORUM_STATUS_APPROVED

to get messages from many forums at one go is another thing, but I just have to guess the performance impact...

---
-=[ Panu ]=-
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login