Firefox PHP

Convert from PunBB to Phorum

Posted by Bert Garcia 
Re: Convert from PunBB to Phorum
August 10, 2008 05:01PM
Maurice Makaay
I think that one important thing to take care of would be documentation about the system, which describes what the XML should look like and how to handle an import.

Yes, I think this is what is needed so we can start working on conversions.

Once I get one of my PunBB forums over to Phorum, I'll be glad to document the process, provide steps, scripts or whatever I needed for a successful conversion.

--
Bert Garcia - When all you have is a keyboard
January 30, 2009 03:58PM
Hi,

What's the status of the import_xml.php script?

Thanks.

--
June 01, 2009 06:15PM
Bumpety-bump

Ditto on Bert's question.
June 07, 2009 03:13AM
Bert Garcia
Hi,

What's the status of the import_xml.php script?

Thanks.

It's in trunk (aka 5.3). No idea if it would work with 5.2. It can import the XML dump that Thomas had created from a phpBB install he had access to. I am not sure the XML specification is documented. That would need to happen next.

Brian - Cowboy Ninja Coder - Personal Blog - Twitter
September 10, 2009 08:33PM
Brian Moon
It's in trunk (aka 5.3). No idea if it would work with 5.2. It can import the XML dump that Thomas had created from a phpBB install he had access to. I am not sure the XML specification is documented. That would need to happen next.

Hi Brian,

It's been a while since I visited this thread, but I'm still interested in moving forward on a conversion.

This is the forum I'm interested in converting over. The over 34,000 users registered on the forum are mostly spammers, gladly Akismet is keeping them from posting anything.

Let me know what I can do to help.

--
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login