Firefox PHP

Remove/delete spam quickly-module ?

Posted by jaruz 
Re: Remove/delete spam quickly-module ?
March 07, 2007 10:33AM
Wow, nice to hear back from this! And thanks for willing to invest in this project :-)

I just started coding on a virtual hosting solution on a paid base for another Phorum user. I can start on this project as soon as the virtual hosting project is finished (based on my current workload this will be in a few days). I will contact you often for feedback while I'm developing the code, so you have a say in how things should work.

As for the money: I have a paypal account, but since this is for the cause of getting the Phorum team to the MySQL conference, please use the Phorum paypal account. See the conference announcement and the donation page.

Thanks again for your support.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
March 08, 2007 08:59AM
Hi Maurice:

There is no need to thank me; I've been a fan of Phorum since the beginning and have always used it on my site. Many many years ago I even submitted a few lines of code. But if I can't find the time now to help out with coding (and I'm no longer familiar with the current codebase), the least I can do is help out this way.

Don't you prefer I send the money to your Paypal account, so that you can send it to the Phorum's paypal account? Or how would I show you I sent it to the Phorum account?, do you have access to its balance statements?

Sincerely yours,

Juan Antonio
March 08, 2007 09:09AM
... by the way... the donate page only allows me to donate $ 100. Should I send 2 x 100 and 1 x 50? I think Paypal will then charge 3 x a fee... :-(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2007 09:10AM by jaruz.
March 08, 2007 09:34AM
I sent you a PM about this.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
March 10, 2007 04:14AM
I actually started on something like this.
Hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes..

[www.phorum.org]
March 10, 2007 10:17AM
Like I posted in your thread, I think the actual functionality that I have in mind differs from your mod. I have a replacement for "Prune Messages" in mind, based on a filtering system, where you can easily select messages to delete, based on a whole range of stackable filters (content, author and posting dates come to mind). Especially for mass deletion, I think that one should be able to tune the search for messages to delete.

If you stepped on anything, I'd be the small toe at most. Unless jaruz decides that the interface that you are building is sufficient for his needs, so the sponsored message pruning project would no longer be an issue. In that case I would have to break your fingers ;-) Neh just joking. If jaruz would be helped out with your solution, then It'd be okay of course.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
March 10, 2007 03:47PM
I like chup's mod a lot, but I also think that a filtered pruning mod would be better suited for my needs. I literally have thousands of spam messages which I need to delete, and it has to be done based on content, author, posting dates (and times), and/or even IP address. A filtered prune interface would be better for me.

However, the 'message_manager' mod would also be very useful.

As far as I am concerned, I'm still holding up my part of the bargain and willing to send the 250 USD to the "Get the Maurice to the MySQL conf" fund ;-)

Greetings,

Juan Antonio
March 11, 2007 10:22AM
Okay ;-) And I added the IP-address to the list of required filtering options. Hadn't thought of that one, but it's actually quite useful.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
April 11, 2007 02:02PM
Maybe is better to prevent spam in the first place by making a better captcha or other security fixes. I have 1+ year experience with modified phpbb forum see here: {removed URL to keep others from proving that spam is possible on that board} and have only 3 spams messages because I was late to install the last version.

This makes deleting spam useless but can be used for moderation. The type of moderation where a user can post the message and is reviewed later by moderators and deleted if it's against the board rules.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2007 02:10PM by mmakaay.
April 11, 2007 02:12PM

to prevent spam in the first place

[www.phorum.org]

alltogether this sounds like a FUD post ;)

Thomas Seifert
Phorum Development Team / Mysnip-Solutions.de
Custom Phorum and general software development
worry-free Phorum Hosting
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login