Firefox PHP

dormant phorum that I want to moderate

Posted by J-J- 
dormant phorum that I want to moderate
August 01, 2005 07:51PM
I installed a Phorum ver? on May 1 2004 on one of my websites and messed around with it and created an ADMIN user.

then I left it alone.

well now I go back there and it won't accept my normal password, so I tried my other passwords and it won't take them either.

so I created a new user and then had it send me a new password and lo and behold I got an email "from" the ADMIN user I had created, but instead of ".com" it says ".cm"

So I can't type in the admin user's email to have it "send" me the password because it just goes somewhere and doesn't get to me. grrrrr.....

So I just want to know if it is worth it to poke around my files and if my ADMIN user name and "new" password are now stored in any of the files, it doesn't appear so.

The only reason I want to do this is that the Phorum WAS dormant and now has a couple of posts and I wanted to be able to Administer the Phorum in case it got "discovered", but if I can't get my ADMIN user back or change it, I will just have to wipe this Phorum and start over. Perhaps that is easier at this stage when there are only a few posts?

I'm assuming I have Phorum 3 but I can't tell.
Re: dormant phorum that I want to moderate
August 01, 2005 08:23PM
give me a URL and I will tell you what you have.

Brian - Cowboy Ninja Coder - Personal Blog - Twitter
August 01, 2005 08:54PM
I PM'd you with it

thanks
August 01, 2005 09:07PM
yeah, that is Phorum 3. If all you have is 5 posts, I would encourage your to go ahead and change it to Phorum 5.

Otherwise, you will have to hack on the database of Phorum 3 to either change the password or email of the admin user or set another user to be an admin.

Brian - Cowboy Ninja Coder - Personal Blog - Twitter
August 01, 2005 10:31PM
OK, so if I update to Phorum 5, I lose all the old posts right?

alternatively, how do I set another user to be admin if I don't have access to the original Admin account?
August 02, 2005 08:10PM
> OK, so if I update to Phorum 5, I lose all the old posts right?

You can convert them but if its really only the 5 posts brian told about I personally wouldn't even care about them.

> alternatively, how do I set another user to be admin if I don't have access to the original Admin account?

Add an entry into the permissions- or moderators-table (hmm, I think it was this name, not used to phorum3 nowadays) with forum-id = 0 and his user-id

Thomas Seifert
Phorum Development Team / Mysnip-Solutions.de
Custom Phorum and general software development
worry-free Phorum Hosting
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.