Firefox PHP

Reverse Order?

Posted by VS 
VS
Reverse Order?
June 04, 2003 01:12AM
I'm very interested in being able to list messages in reverse order (most recent at the top of the page) and have not found any definitive answer on these fourms. Can anyone *please* give a definate answer (and hopefully some instructions) as to how one might list messages in reverse order. Please help. Thanks.

Post Edited (06-04-03 01:46)
Re: Reverse Order?
June 04, 2003 04:47AM
you mean in a thread or in the list-view?

VS
June 04, 2003 10:59AM
I mean in list view. In my particular use, thread view won't be used at all, so if reversing the order breaks thread view it doesn't matter. I'd be very happy to find a way to make this happen. Thanks!
June 04, 2003 11:47AM
if you enable float-to-top then you have the most-recent at the top.
but I still think you mean the read-view which can't be done simply. search the forum for other posts about this topic.

VS
June 04, 2003 12:00PM
Thanks I *do* mean read-view. As such I have looked at other posts on the topic and the info I found seems to be outdated. For instance I found on post which has me search for a line in the read.php document. The line which I'm told to search for simply isn't there. I'm using the lastest stable version of Phorum software. I have no problem making an involved change to the code, if need be.

It seems that there are quite a few people interested in this modification. So any detailied instructions would benefit many. Thanks.
VS
June 05, 2003 02:54AM
Does anyone have any other suggestions? Please respond.

Thanks.
joe
August 04, 2003 10:30PM
i have the same concern...i want the most recent post on top when reading peoples messages...(not in the forum topics, but inside a topic/thread)....please help
August 06, 2003 03:55AM
Ugh. Not that it WOULD be this simple but it seems that if on clicking on a message thread it would then SELECT every message associated with that thread. THe nature of the query would require that it ORDER BY some criteria, in this case date. That being the case I wonder if you couldn't alter the query (if you can find it) with a DESC rather than either default or ASC.

I KNOW this is totally simplistic, and I haven't even looked at the code since I"m just cruising around trying to decide if I want to try Phorum or not, but if you can try to locate the query which pulls all the messages in the thread you could give it a whirl.
August 06, 2003 05:50AM
Okaaay...

I'm not SURE I'm doing what it is you were talking about BUT:

When viewing a topic you wanted it to list the NEWEST post up top and oldest at the bottom right?

Try this (Its accomplished what I was trying to do anyway):

<read.php>

~line 389 you see:

@reset($headers);
@reset($bodies);

add just below these lines:

$headers= array_reverse($headers);
$bodies= array_reverse($bodies);

That reverses the order of the arrays holding the message info, and when the code doles out the messages it should do it in reverse order now.

Is that even CLOSE to what you were looking for?

-Martin
August 06, 2003 05:56AM
It appears to break the threaded "TOPICS" table below now that I look at it, but you did mention that you weren't using that anyway.

Wonder what else it might affect. Any ideas Thomas?
November 28, 2005 05:17AM
[wrong thread, sorry]

___
Polskie Centrum WebKomiksu

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2005 05:18AM by godai.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.