Firefox PHP

phpBB like forum list

Posted by Brian Moon 
Re: phpBB like forum list
September 30, 2004 04:09PM
darn it.

New version that is faster and will use all your folders/forums regardless of how you have them structured. Order is hard to control however if you nest folders, beware.

Brian - Cowboy Ninja Coder - Personal Blog - Twitter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2004 04:10PM by brianlmoon.
Attachments:
open | download - flatindex.zip (23 KB)
November 23, 2004 06:07AM
Here is a little hack to give more control over the folder structure. Simply give your folder an ordernumber with one space gap to the name. The ordernumber will be hidded in the index view.

Update: OK - the hack is not necessary, i'am new on phorum 5, and i forgot that phorum has a order feature in the adminsection, so i solved my problem with my standard function for somethings like this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2004 02:21AM by alfmiti.
Attachments:
open | download - index.php (4.1 KB)
November 23, 2004 10:45AM
You can order folders. I don't see the point of this.

March 29, 2005 07:21AM
I am trying to change the code so that I can see folders directly. If this isn't clear maybe this will explain.

index (id 0)
Folder 1 (id 1)
->Forum 1 (id 2)
Folder 2 (id 3)
->Forum 2 (id 4)
->Forum 3 (id 5)
Folder 3 (id 6)
->Forum 4 (id 7)
->Forum 5 (id 8)

I'd like to browse to ./index?3 and see
Folder 2
->Forum 2
->Forum 3

I've been trying to compare code between this one and the one at [phorum.org] which it does work in.

But the best I can get is a permission denied to read Forum. :(

Any suggestions

http://www.krang.org
March 29, 2005 09:13AM
Hmmm, this one will not do that, yeah. This is going to be a feature in Phorum 5.1. I will take that request into consideration then.

March 29, 2005 09:39AM
Thanks Brian I'd much appreciate that.

May 15, 2005 01:43PM
I am using this on my phorum and I like it but I notice one strange thing about it.

The New flag is only working on the last listed forum in the index while the rest of the forum in the index new flag is not working ..

Only the last listed forum on the index would show actual new total posts while the remaining forum listed would not show any (# NEW) when there are actual new posts in those forums.

I am not sure if I install this wrong or missed an edit there to correct this issue just wanted to check.

Thanks

Bill

Added:

Clearing cache did not help ..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2005 02:11PM by CBiLL.
May 15, 2005 04:03PM
hrmm look like you have to visit the fourm before it would start keep recording of newflag for you on the FlatIndex

Is this index.php still should work for the latest phorum or have newflag been changed over the phorum version?

I create a new account testuser then logged in and they would not show any new post for me in FlatIndex (but works in default index) so I have to go each forum and come back to FlatIndex then go to next forum and come back to FlatIndex before it start keeping track of new posts for you in the FlatIndex ..

Is that normal?

Thanks
Bill
May 16, 2005 08:10AM
Thats how it works on mine.

June 19, 2005 11:34PM
FYI, this will be a feature in Phorum 5.1

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login