Firefox PHP

Editor_tools smiley hack.

Posted by sirgrim 
Re: Editor_tools smiley hack.
April 10, 2006 01:26PM
Let me see if I can figure out your issue, since this is a hack there might be some things I forgot about.
April 10, 2006 01:29PM
This might be your issue, not sure.

Have you updated the list.php with valid filenames? Because I have a count in there that hasn't been identified with the array count yet. I'll fix this in the next release, but try changing this in smileys_panel.php to your list.php count.

for($j = 1; $j < 23; $j++) {

where 23 = your list.php count. I'll work on making it able to count the actual array now. Let me know if that works.

Edit: this is the first thing I ever released for Phorum, so I expected it to not be plug-and-go, hence putting it hacks :). All input is appreciated. Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2006 01:33PM by sirgrim.
April 10, 2006 02:10PM
Change the $j in smileys_panel.php to:

for($j = 1; $j < count($MOD_SMILEYHEADLINE_ARRAY); $j++) {
$new = split("\\.", $MOD_SMILEYHEADLINE_ARRAY[$j]);
$cursmile = $MOD_SMILEYHEADLINE_ARRAY[$j];

And let me know if it works. Must have been some of my testing code got through.

I also had better luck with $j=1;$j <= count($MOD_S....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2006 02:14PM by sirgrim.
April 10, 2006 02:36PM
I will take a look later on and let you know.

Thanks.
April 10, 2006 06:06PM
No, I still get exactly the same thing.
April 10, 2006 06:48PM
Do the smileys show up, or do you get a broken image link then the error when you click them?

Also, what version of phorum are you running and are you using the regular editor_tools.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2006 06:53PM by sirgrim.
April 10, 2006 08:13PM
Yep smilies show up, but they're OUTSIDE of the posing messageform. For example, if they were here they would be above the 'Goto' line. You can click on them, but as soon as you do, the error pops up. I've tried to get them to appear INSIDE the posting form, but it just won't work. I use a slightly modified posting_messageform. I'll attach it....

Ideally, I'd like the smilies to load in the box on the left hand side where I currently have my smilies, but I can't get it to work :-(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2006 08:14PM by M@AATW.
Attachments:
open | download - posting_messageform.tpl (24.9 KB)
April 11, 2006 03:13PM
Hmm i'd like to take a look at your phorum if you can link me, it could be conflicting with something else. I'll see about remaking some of the calls generally I just added 1s onto the end of the editor_tools one just to see if my idea would work. It was a touchy hack.
May 28, 2006 06:37AM
you could upload you smilies pack... it rocks!

so... not working properly yet.... i will wait a bit until the hack is ready to lug
July 11, 2006 08:38AM
Here's an updated version, I've fixed a lot of bugs and it no longer requires you to create a list of your headline smileys, it makes it's own. Updated readme.

I may create a smiley pack, you're welcome to right click and save as any of the ones I use, no registration required.

Let me know if this works for you, I've added simple checks to attempt to allow one smiley usage per headline and no lone smileys, I've included hacked error checker instructions for added checks/visual reporting.

A friend pointed out a few small check bugs, It would erase whatever was before the smiley, and handle multiple smileys oddly. It now moves what's before the smiley to the end if it's made that way and clears the headline if they try to use a bunch of smileys.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2006 07:30AM by sirgrim.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login