Firefox PHP

Patch Submission: Enhanced User Admin page

Posted by Skye N. 
All files from this thread

File Name File Size   Posted by Date  
admin_users_5_0_21_patch.txt 9.1 KB open | download Skye N. 01/04/2006 Read message
Patch Submission: Enhanced User Admin page
January 04, 2006 06:14AM
I was going to just write a quick & dirty script to delete all the users that had zero posts and hadn't been active in more than 90 days, but I thought I'd put in a tiny bit more effort and make something perhaps more useful :)

This patch adds a bunch of search features to the User Admin page, you can search by time of last user activity, number of posts, and also added javascript buttons at the bottom for checking/unchecking all users (for easy deletion of pages of users like I'm going to do tonight)...

I was going to add a dropdown option box for the # of users to display per page but didn't get around to it. I can write that too if there's any interest.

Skye

___
Skye Nott
Corvus Digital
Attachments:
open | download - admin_users_5_0_21_patch.txt (9.1 KB)
Re: Patch Submission: Enhanced User Admin page
January 04, 2006 12:29PM
Thanks for posting a patch.
Probably not important, but you have path information in that file (containing one of your sites etc).

What version is the hack compatible with? edit - forget that, just noticed the file name <blush!>

Thanks,

/\dam

--
My notable Phorum sites:
Movie Deaths Database - "review comments" system mostly powered by Phorum
Learn Chinese! - integrated forum quiz

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2006 12:30PM by sheik.
January 04, 2006 02:17PM
I have added the patch to my test server in the svn version of Phorum. I did do some things by hand, because I couldn't get your file to automatically patch against the svn version. I did some little changes but the basics are kept. I also added a javascript confirmation to the "Delete Selected Users" button while I was at it. If the other devs like the change as well, I will commit it to the development tree.

Other devs: can you check out the user admin change on [phorum-dev.gitaar.net] and let me know if you want this added as well?

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
January 04, 2006 04:00PM
Wow, that was speedy!

Thanks Skye and Maurice for making Phorum even more powerful!

/\dam

--
My notable Phorum sites:
Movie Deaths Database - "review comments" system mostly powered by Phorum
Learn Chinese! - integrated forum quiz

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2006 04:00PM by sheik.
January 04, 2006 11:20PM
Great, I see it in the trunk now - if I'd known it was going to be applied to the 5.1 branch I would have made it apply cleanly, sorry about that :)

I have more submissions that I'll clean up for inclusion in 5.1 and submit here over the next couple of weeks. I love Phorum and I've been using it for years - now that I'm unemployed-slash-self-employed I finally have time to contribute

Skye
January 04, 2006 11:45PM
cool, thx :).
might go into 5.2 though as we are preparing for 5.1 going stable.
depends on the kind of patches though ;).

Thomas Seifert
Phorum Development Team / Mysnip-Solutions.de
Custom Phorum and general software development
worry-free Phorum Hosting
January 04, 2006 11:49PM
I see, I'm starting to understand your SVN release structure :) Whatever, just want to contribute.

Skye

___
Skye Nott
Corvus Digital
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login