Firefox PHP

spam hack

Posted by hotwebtrix 
spam hack
May 08, 2005 01:56PM
I'm getting spam messages to all of my forums and the funny thing is, the sites spamming me are using Phorum software in their forums!!!
Here's one from Russia:
[www.bestmusic.com.ua]
Re: spam hack
May 08, 2005 02:04PM
So? What are you trying to tell us?
Do you have a hack to post which avoids spamming?

Thomas Seifert
May 08, 2005 03:00PM
My goodness, I didn't expect such a snappy response. I thought your forum was a means of reporting hacks, and possibly getting assistance in with a remedy for hacks. My apologies for posting without a purpose in your eyes.
May 08, 2005 03:09PM
see the description in the top:
Hacks are additions that require changes to the core Phorum code. While there is nothing wrong with a hack, it is recommend that you try and create a module if at all possible, as modules are easier to use for other people.

Thomas Seifert
pat
May 08, 2005 04:46PM
Hi hotwebtrix,

a classical misunderstanding:

This section is not to report hacks (->done by Hackers to your forum) but to post hacks (-> modifications of p5 core code).

pat
May 08, 2005 06:26PM
well thank you for your clarification.
i would have to say it was delivered in a much more professional manner than the person who replied to me previously. i will search for a patch elsewhere.

thanx again,
hotwebtrix
May 09, 2005 07:48AM
What kind of patch are you needing?

This _is_ the place to get patches for Phorum. But without the information what is wrong there is nothing we can do to help you.

---
-=[ Panu ]=-
May 09, 2005 10:03AM
I need something that will not allow people to post advertisements... i suppose since it is a club website, i could give all my members logins & dis-allow guests to post. that would solve eh?
thanks in advance for your assistance~

~hotwebtrix
pat
May 09, 2005 01:19PM
Hi hotwebtrix,

> well thank you for your clarification.

You're welcome.

> i would have to say it was delivered in a much
> more professional manner than the person who
> replied to me previously.

Keep in mind that Thomas as one of the developers of phorum has give a lot of people support on this free software and has propably answered hundreds of questions that could have been self explanatory if people would actually read the instructions and descriptions.

> i will search for a patch elsewhere.

Ask questions about theses problems in the "support" forum and I'm sure you will be surprised about the high level of professionality of Thomas and Co. despite the fact that this is not a "professional" eg commercial projekt.

pat

May 11, 2005 12:51PM
Also, you should know that Thomas' first language is not English. When I read his comments, I do not find them offensive or aggresive. He is just asking a question. Given that the forum description clearly states the purpose of this forum and you have not offered a post that fits that description.

Brian - Cowboy Ninja Coder - Personal Blog - Twitter
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login