Firefox PHP

how to include html in the body of messages?

Posted by tito 
how to include html in the body of messages?
September 02, 2006 05:45PM
Hello,

i would need to include some members bios, made of an image and a text description, on a certain posts, in the body of the message.

as is not possible to use php include or SSI in the body of messages, i wonder if there's another way to do this.
i've seen the Inline-Attachments-Module, but it's just about images: [www.phorum.org]

please do you have any idea?

Thanks in advance,
tito

---

Be silent as to services you have rendered, but speak of favours you have received --Seneca--

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2006 05:46PM by tito.
Re: how to include html in the body of messages?
September 02, 2006 06:13PM
use bbcode with img and other tags.
if you really need to use html then you need to enable the html-mod in the admin.

Thomas Seifert
Phorum Development Team / Mysnip-Solutions.de
Custom Phorum and general software development
worry-free Phorum Hosting
September 02, 2006 06:33PM
Thanks, but i need to include into body of messages external .html or .txt files, these files are always the same.
it's like you would normally do with an php include, where you can include external .html or .txt files, and then you can modify them once for all the includes.

---

Be silent as to services you have rendered, but speak of favours you have received --Seneca--
September 02, 2006 06:34PM
that won't work is isn't recommended in any way.
every possible include in the messages allows for unallowed or maybe even remote file-inclusion.

Thomas Seifert
Phorum Development Team / Mysnip-Solutions.de
Custom Phorum and general software development
worry-free Phorum Hosting
September 02, 2006 07:10PM
i see, i was thinking to make an image of these documents of text+image and then to use the Inline-Attachments-Module, but i don't want to compromise accessibility.

Thanks,
tito

---

September 02, 2006 08:05PM
There are probably a few ways of doing this depending upon exactly what you want to do. You could create a custon BB Code module, custom posting templates, or maybe use the signature feature.
September 03, 2006 01:46AM
DavidVB
There are probably a few ways of doing this depending upon exactly what you want to do. You could create a custon BB Code module, custom posting templates, or maybe use the signature feature.

..unfortunately, all beyond my possibilities.

---

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login