Firefox PHP

Binary - 8-bit

Posted by iGeek 
All files from this thread

File Name File Size   Posted by Date  
binary.php 45.2 KB open | download iGeek 01/28/2007 Read message
Binary - 8-bit
January 28, 2007 03:20AM
For all you tech junkies out there... I introduce...

The Binary Translation!

This is 8-bit binary.

THIS IS NOT FINISHED.

Most of it is still English, and I'm leaving some admin and other important strings in English. EXPECT ERRORS! I don't translate perfectly and there are bound to be errors.

Have fun!

Steven

P.S. If someone wants to check this over...
Attachments:
open | download - binary.php (45.2 KB)
pat
Re: Binary - 8-bit
January 28, 2007 04:53AM
What is that good for ?
January 28, 2007 05:35AM
Better write a mod for that, which hooks into the common hook. At that point, the language file is loaded. There you could translate all strings programatically to binary representation. Of course, do cache the results and only rebuild the cache if the language file is newer than your cached results. Doing so will make the binary translation an option for all languages, so binary readers (of which I know none) from around the world could benefit from the work!

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
January 28, 2007 10:07AM
Unfortunately I don't know how to write mods as of know; the doc confused me. I understand how it works, by intercepting data, but...
January 28, 2007 02:31PM
If it were useful to present the language strings in binary mode, I would write the module. But I see no use for them at all (hardly any geek that I know is binary-literate and even if they are, UTF-8 binaries are quite hard to read).

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login