Firefox PHP

Module Localizaiton

Posted by Chris Eaton 
Re: Module Localizaiton
January 31, 2005 10:00PM
I have posted in the mod_avatar thread since I have a localization problem with that module (see [phorum.org]).

What does it take to localize that module besides creating a file in mods/avatar/lang/ named as the main language file (eg. dansk.php).

Any input very much appreciated ;-)

/Stoltze
January 31, 2005 11:21PM
stop and re-enable mod_avatar in amin.

---
-=[ Panu ]=-
February 01, 2005 08:58AM
Hi Panu,

I've tried the following.

1) Disable mod_avatar in admin.
2) Logged in as a regular user (avatar option gone as should be)
3) Enabled mod_avatar in admin.
4) Same problem :-(

The problem is not within my langauge file, since copying english.php and renaming it to dansk.php (the name of my main language file) does not solve the problem.

I could of course give the translations in the english.php file, but then the option to switch between danish/english would be gone...

Any other ideas? Is this a known problem - I've searched but not found any postings on this issue.

/Stoltze
February 04, 2005 11:38PM
All it should take is creating the language file. The module is already localized, so you shouldn't even have to disable/enable the module for it to take effect.

The way it works is that when the lang hook is run, it tries to load a language file in /mods/some_mod/lang/langfile.php, where langfile.php is the name of the language file that is already loaded.

If it can't find that file or fails for some reason, it does a fallback and tries to load english.php.

My advice would be to turn on full error reporting, and see what comes up. Add this line early in common.php:

error_reporting(E_ALL);

And post any new messages that appear. Make sure that the user you are viewing the page in has a language other then english selected.
March 17, 2005 12:03PM
Sorry, I don't get it.

I was going to translate mod_poll into German "Du".

As far as I understand I need to translate the English strings into German strings, put it into a file called "german.php" and copy that into the lang-directory of the poll-mod (or something like that *g*). At least I thought that should be the trick, but it obvisously isn't *g*

I'm stuck on it: Where do I find the array to translate?

Thanks in advance,
Andreas
April 07, 2005 03:05AM
andreas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was going to translate mod_poll into German
> "Du".
> I'm stuck on it: Where do I find the array to
> translate?

nowhere.
you need to "germanize" poll.php. :)
Attachments:
open | download - poll.php (12.7 KB)
April 07, 2005 10:21AM
*gg*

ok, ic ;)

thx :)
pat
April 07, 2005 08:28PM
Hi,

> you need to "germanize" poll.php. :)

That's not true, I created a localised Version and uploaded it. Just search the poll-mod-tread and you'll find IT HERE
There comes my German-Sie Lang-File with it so "Du" should not be to much work left for you.

pat

April 07, 2005 10:09PM
pat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's not true, I created a localised Version and uploaded it.

yeah, you're certainly right. i should have been more careful with my wording: i _preferred_ to "germanize" poll.php instead of looking for a localized version. it's the way OS/2 die-hards are used to. :)
April 07, 2005 11:20PM
Hey I'm a OS/2 die hard but I prefer changing a lang-file if I can :) Well I'm not a OS/2 die hard anymore... Oh what a wonderfull OS it is...

---
-=[ Panu ]=-
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login